1. Mommy is on the phone right now, so let's entertain ourselves quietly.
2. I know where my soccer cleats are!
3. I'm going to play with my toys now. I really do have so many of them.
4. You're making what for dinner? YUM!
5. That puddle would make an awfully big mess. I'm not going to stomp in it.
6. We're going to be in the car for five hours? Let me pee first.
7. I'm too full for dessert.
8. I have a lot of homework tonight, I should get started.
9. Can I have some dental floss?
10. We all decided that we want to watch the same thing on TV.
11. Thank you for that yummy lunch! I didn't trade any of it at the cafeteria.
12. You're so much more fun than Daddy.
13. Let's get those thank you notes over with!
14. I've had enough electronics for the day.
15. I have a class project due two weeks from now.
16. I'm ready for bed.
17. I don't care what my friends are allowed to have or do.
18. What did you ask me to do before? I want to make sure I go and do it.
19. I'm really enjoying this long car ride.
20. I need to wash my hands.
21. I'll take the smallest piece, please.
22. You're in the bathroom? OK, I'll wait to ask you my unimportant question.
23. We don't have school tomorrow? That stinks.
24. There's so much to do in this house!
25. We're going to be late, let's go!
HuffPost Parents offers a daily dose of personal stories, helpful advice and comedic takes on what it’s like to raise kids today. Learn more