Most of us are in a world of hurt about money. Whether we look at the global crisis, the national mess, or the jumble of our own finances, what we see is more frightening than at any time in our lives. Just when we think we've made it past one roadblock, another appears, on and on in an endless cycle of pain and suffering.
But while you might not see a way to change the bigger picture, I guarantee you can improve things dramatically on the home front, and once that happens you'll be in a position to impact the world beyond your front door.
"The opportunity in this global economic crisis is that it's forcing us to rethink our relationship to money and life, and to confront not only the financial crisis, but also all other crises, which stem from the same root -- scarcity." - Lynne Twist
My invitation and challenge is to transform your relationship with money from one of scarcity, struggle, and fear to one of abundance, ease, and satisfaction. My purpose in writing this series is to have money work for you so you create the results you want in your life. I intend that you move from pain to prosperity -- not only in your heart and mind, but also in your wallet. I want to help you get to the place that you can honestly say, "Money is no longer a problem for me."
Wait! I'm not making empty promises here. This is not mumbo jumbo or hocus-pocus. We have achieved these results ourselves and helped thousands of others to do the same. This system works and delivers the goods, no matter what financial challenges you're facing. All I ask is that you take the process seriously -- don't bother if you're just going to check it out, read and consider it, find out what I have to say on the subject, or accept the ideas but procrastinate about following the instructions and using the tools and templates I'll provide. Sometimes it won't be comfortable or easy, but I promise it's simple, it works, and it's free!
Before you make your final choice, read through the topics for this six-part series:
- Moving from Pain to Prosperity
- Power of Your Attitude
- Accepting and Taking Responsibility
- Secrets for Maintaining Awareness
- Learning Lasting Lessons
- Your Money Tool Kit
The articles will include homework, exercises, tips, and templates for generating, managing, and sharing your prosperity.
What's the biggest financial issue you face right now?
The first step is to clarify the biggest challenge you're facing at the moment so you can focus in on the specific results you want to achieve. Here are some possibilities:
- Ready to leave home, can't pay the rent
- College graduate, can't find a job
- Out of work for more than a year, out of ideas and money
- Owe more on your home than it's worth
- Deeply in debt, just making the minimum payments
- Want to start your own business, doing nothing about it
- Lost clients during the recession, can't get back on your feet
- Living beyond your means, don't see a way to stop
- Want to retire, can't afford to
Choose one of these, pick one that's close and re-word it, or write a phrase that more closely describes your biggest financial issue at the moment.
When my husband Tim and I met 33 years ago, we were beyond broke -- today I think it's called under water. While we each had jobs, we lived in a tiny rented apartment with a combined net worth of -$28,000. Today we are millionaires, living in a beautiful home, semi-retired, and financially independent with a passive revenue stream that's sufficient for us to live comfortably, travel frequently, and contribute to our families and to people and causes we believe in.
But it's been far from a steady climb. There were times when we thought we were at the top to stay, but then another recession hit, or we risked everything on businesses that grew too slowly to pay us, or twice we bought a new home before we'd sold the one we were living in, or we spent way beyond our means, trusting in some kind of magic to make it work out anyway. Yet every time we hit the slippery slope, we eventually came back to our senses and went back on the road to prosperity, using the information, exercises, and tools I'll be sharing in this series.
It's also worked for many others -- here are two of the many stories:
- One of the first people to take the money workshop 30 years ago was a lawyer with a load of money problems. During this time his wife discovered an international network marketing organization, he became passionate about it, and for each of the past 25 years they've been among the top five global distributors with an average monthly income of over half a million dollars.
- For years a man and wife owned a successful restaurant. They were doing well, lovely home, new baby daughter, and enjoying life. Then without notice their silent partner pulled out, the business went down, and they were stuck with the debt and no income. For years they struggled with money and an overriding sense of personal failure. They've now let go of what happened, started looking ahead, and are well on their way back to making the kind of money they want and need.
As I said it's not easy, but it is simple. Here are the two steps to your money transformation:
- Shift your fears and limiting beliefs about money.
- Take 100% responsibility for your money.
Yes, I know you've probably heard it before, but are you doing it? Are you putting this wisdom into practice -- or do you just know it? Wisdom without action doesn't take you anywhere.
In the next week, write your answers to the following questions about your money:
- What specific RESULTS do I want?
- What are my fears about money? (I'm afraid that . . . )
- What are my limiting beliefs about being prosperous?
Please write your questions or responses to these ideas below on in the comments. Or I'd love to hear from you directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The next article in the series will be "Money -- Power of Your Attitude".
For more by Jinny Ditzler, click here.
For more on mindful living, click here.
For more about Best Year Yet, click here.