It was a week of revelations in the news. Just what were people revealing? See how much you know in our quiz.
Here are some random but real hints: We wonder if the Cuban newspapers reported this; even that margin might be in danger once the sequester really takes root; there's no place like home; and he's in a position to do something to defend really traditional marriage. Answers are at the bottom of the quiz.
1. Who was arrested and charged with attempting to protect suspected Boston Marathon bomber Dzokhar Tsarnaev?
a. His mother
b. His father
c. Three of his friends
d. The widow of Dzokhar's brother
2. How did the the FBI's Most Wanted Terrorist list make history this week?
a. It was replaced with a Top Terror Felons list
b. It was combined with the CIA's Enemies List
c. It added a 17-year-old, the first minor on the list
d. It added Joanne Chesimard, the first woman on the list
3. California Governor Jerry Brown signed into law a bill that allocates $24 million to do what?
a. Add two feet in height to the fence along the Mexican border
b. Investigate the possibility of dropping the controversial high-speed rail project
c. Remove handguns and assault rifles from 20,000 Californians who acquired them legally but have since had a criminal conviction or serious mental illness
d. Enforce a ban on smoking within 1,000 feet of a school
4. What happened in the payrolls report for April employment?
a. Employment increased slightly more than expected
b. No change from the previous two months
c. Unemployment increased significantly from March
d. Unemployment increased slightly less than expected
5. Where is the new home that Pope Emeritus Benedict moved into on Thursday, two months after he left the top job at the Vatican?
a. Munich, Germany
b. Venice, Italy
c. The Vatican again
d. Vienna, Austria
6. NBA player Jason Collins made news by announcing what?
a. He's Muslim
b. He's gay
c. He's running for Congress
d. He never liked basketball
7. On Tuesday, President Obama repeated his promise to close what?
a. Tax loopholes for U.S. companies hoarding cash overseas
b. The White House for public tours
c. His superPAC
d. The Guantanamo Bay prison
8. What city is Monster Beverage suing because the city wants it to reduce the amount of caffeine in its drink and to stop marketing to children?
a. New York City
d. San Francisco
9. President Obama told reporters this week that the United States was still unsure about what in Syria?
a. Whether its government used chemical weapons
b. If President Assad was still in Syria
c. Whether Islamist radicals were leading the rebels
d. If Russia would send troops to resist any Western intervention
10. Who joked about attending a book burning with Congresswoman Michele Bachmann?
a. Marcus Bachmann
b. Bill Maher
c. President Obama
d. Howard Stern
BONUS. Which is not a headline this week from North Korea's Central News Agency of the DPRK?
a. Kim Jong Un Watches Sports Games of Workers in Field of Public Health
b. DPRK Workers Blessed with Great Leaders
c. S. Korean Puppet Army's Spy Drone Crashes
d. Kim Jong-Un's Wife on Nuclear Threats: 'This Isn't the Man I Was Forced to Marry'
The news and the quizzes don't stop there! Join us for our next live Week to Week political commentary program with a news quiz at The Commonwealth Club on May 17 in downtown San Francisco, featuring Huffington Post's Aaron Sankin and the San Francisco Examiner's Melissa Griffin.
ANSWERS: 1) c. 2) d. 3) c. 4) a. 5) c. 6) b. 7) d. 8) d. 9) a. 10) c. BONUS) d.
EXPLANATIONS OF THE HINTS: Chesimard lives in Cuba, to which she fled after escaping from the prison where she was serving time for murder; there is much political debate about the effect the sequester will have on the tepid jobs growth and on business activity as government spending shrinks; Benedict returns to his home of many years, though he'll be in a different residence in the Vatican than he occupied as pope; Kim presumably can do what he wants with marriages, being the head of a state cult (the headline actually comes from The Onion).
Follow John Zipperer on Twitter: www.twitter.com/cwclub