The term 'Organic Food' conjures up images of alfalfa sprouts, mixed greens, and bland, tasteless vegetables that seem about as appealing as eating dirt. With only a cursory thought, it would seem to be logical to assume that simple, natural foods might actually be better for us than mass-produced, processed, altered foods would be.
But what if there were benefits you hadn't even considered? Would those convince you to give organic foods another try? Consider these five points, and see if you don't agree that organic foods are the way to go.
Organic Food is filling
- Health-conscious stores like Whole Foods or organic meal delivery services like Fresh N Lean, are dedicated to ensuring the fruits and vegetables they offer are 100% fresh, never frozen, and free of anything that could come between your body and the nutrition.
Organic foods need no preservatives
- Organic foods, of course, have no processing or additives. These foods tastes better, and even the most basic food products like fruits and vegetables have natural resistance to bacteria and decay, meaning they usually have a shelf life of usually about a week. For many fruits, those additional days can actually result in the food tasting even better!
Organic food is 'fast' food
- The big fast food chains claim to provide hot, ready to eat foods quickly. The challenge is that for their food to remain safe over the longer periods of time, more additive and preservatives have to be included. Conventional fast food, with all those additives, actually leave you feeling bloated, uncomfortable; with the excessive levels of sodium and sugars, they're downright unhealthy.
- Our bodies are designed to digest foods that are natural, just as we ourselves are natural. By eating the foods that carry necessary nutrition, and nothing else, we allow our system to get what it needs directly from the source, not needing to break down or digest unnecessary additives or preservatives.
- Our lives are an interaction with our environment. There are no 'additives required' for organic food to be useful to our bodies. Taking in the right proportion the foods your body needs means you get exactly what you need, without requiring fillers, preservatives, or flavor enhancers that processed foods require.
How do you incorporate good health in your fast-paced life? Do you change your mind before you change your diet, or vice versa? Let us know how organic foods fit into your life in the comment box below.