We're thrilled to announce the newest update to The Huffington Post app for Android -- now optimized for larger tablet screens. When we relaunched our Android app for phones back in February
, we promised that this was just the beginning. Since then, we've rolled out several updates to include a compact view, text resizing, and a night reading mode. The app also now features stories recommended by your Google circles when you log in with your Google+ account.
We've now created custom layouts for phones, 7-inch screens, and 10-inch screens. Other new features to the app include:
- You can choose compact mode (below) to see more headlines on screen, or grid mode for larger photos.
- Readers can now read news in landscape orientation
- We've added the option to have the app automatically switch to night mode (above, right) for easier reading in the dark.
- Offline reading has been improved to be faster and more stable.
- You can now pinch-to-zoom within slideshows
- On tablets, when you are reading a story, you can pinch-to-zoom to change the text size
We hope you like the new version. Please download the app and let us know what you think.
Josh Klenert leads the Design & User Experience team for The Huffington Post. Otto Toth leads the Mobile Development team for The Huffington Post.