That's right, we're expecting a vote as early as Tuesday September 9th. This is a huge leap forward for the environmental education movement. Not familiar with the No Child Left Inside Act? You can learn much more here. You can also see what the media has been saying about the bill lately here.
While we expect this bill to pass, it is important to get as many "Aye" votes as possible when this hits the floor next week. That is where you come in. With all of the political press focusing exclusively on the Presidential election, it is hard to break through the clutter. That is why we need YOU to make a big deal of this. We need YOU to push your Representative to vote the right way on the No Child Left Inside Act.
1. Email your Representative, telling them where you stand on the No Child Left Inside Act. The No Child Left Inside Coalition has created a form which makes this easy, so it only takes about two minutes.
2. Call your Representative. Tell them to support H.R. 3036.
3. Vote for the action alert on Digg.com. This will help us get as much exposure as possible for this important issue.
4. Forward this story to friends and colleagues. As I mentioned before, the focus on Presidential politics makes it difficult to get the message out. That is why we need grassroots supporters like you to spread the word.
5. If you are on Facebook, join the NCLI group. Then, use the link on the right side of the page to invite your friends to join.
Finally, if you haven't yet, take a few minutes to watch this video. I think it does a great job explaining need for environmental education legislation.
Follow Josh Nelson on Twitter: www.twitter.com/josh_nelson