When the Supreme Court gives the decision that strikes down the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA), I will have a lot to do!
1. Kiss and hug my wife, Karin Bogliolo.
2. Call and thank our attorney, Lavi Soloway.
3. Call and thank all those who have worked so hard for this: individuals who faced the challenge Karin and I faced; groups like Immigration Equality, the DOMA Project, Out4Immigration, Love Exiles Foundation, the DeVote Campaign and others.
4. Call my family and share the news that we can stay in our home and don't have to leave!
5. Call my friends and share the news that we can stay in our home and don't have to leave!
6. Post the news on my blog/site and Facebook pages.
8. Figure out where Karin and I will go to celebrate with a nice dinner.
9. See when we can go to USCIS to get Karin's green card and get on with our lives.
10. See when we can travel to Europe to visit family and friends we haven't seen in years.
11. And, of course, go on to the next issue -- the Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA) -- and the other remaining things that need fixing so that we are all equal.
How will Donald Trump’s first 100 days impact YOU? Subscribe, choose the community that you most identify with or want to learn more about and we’ll send you the news that matters most once a week throughout Trump’s first 100 days in office. Learn more