As a host during the holiday season, you must provide alternatives for people who don't drink alcohol. There are countless reasons why people abstain, and having a non-alcoholic choice will allow the guest to feel included in your event.
Red Apple Delight
Red Apple Delight is a refreshing drink to be enjoyed in lovely cocktail glasses. Dust off your best glasses and prepare for a treat! For a lighter recipe, blend your own juices or use sugar-free options.
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Makes 4 glasses
- 1 1/2 cups apple juice
- 3/4 cups sweet lime juice
- 4 teaspoons grenadine syrup
- 1/4 cup carbonated water
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 4 apple fans
- Combine the first three ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake well.
- Fill each cocktail glass with crushed ice and pour equal quantity of the juice, leaving a half an inch at the top of the glass.
- Top each glass with carbonated water and stir.
- Serve immediately garnished with apple fans.
- Starting from one end of a quartered apple piece, make 4 to 5 slits at regular intervals till 1 centimeter away from the other end.
- Gently open the slices to form a fan.
- Pierce with a toothpick from the intact end to hold the slices and place on the glass.
To see more delicious recipes check out my book Mocktails & More.
Follow Julie Elsdon-Height on Twitter: www.twitter.com/SoberJulie