It's time to put your best digital foot forward with five simple rules of netiquette for sending email, posting on Facebook and Twitter, and sharing content on your favorite social networking sites.
Netiquette Dos and Dont's
1. Do... Use spell check and check your grammar before pushing the send button.
2. Don't... Correct someone's grammar or spelling unless they've asked for a critique.
3. Do... Use a professional signature line so the recipient knows who the email is coming from.
4. Don't... Send an email when you're tired or upset, you can't take it back.
5. Don't... Type in all caps. In netiquette terms, it means you're yelling, and who wants to be screamed at online, or offline.
Have you ever broken the rules of netiquette? I welcome you to share your netiquette pet peeves.
Julie Spira is a netiquette expert and author of "The Rules of Netiquette: How to Mind Your Manners on the Web." For more information on netiquette and digital etiquette, visit rulesofnetiquette.com and like us at facebook.com/rulesofnetiquette.