They said history was made in a variety of ways at this year's Social TV Summit in Los Angeles. It was the 2nd year for the conference, but the first year of honoring the "best of the social best" at the Social TV Awards.
Social TV Summit CEO Andy Batkin curated the event and said, "One day I believe the Social TV Awards will be on par with the Academy Awards and the Emmy's." Master of Ceremonies Billy Bush gave his introduction via video along with an apology due to a bicycle accident injury. The Insider's Kevin Frazier, one of the many distinguished judges, graciously stepped in to host the event attended by 200 industry executives.
At the red carpet gala held at the Bel-Air Country Club, 21 lucky recipients walked away with a STEEVEE award, in only a handful of categories that your grandmother would recognize.
The "Best of Show" award was the last to be announced and was selected by the attendees in-real-time who voted with their smartphones and tablets during dessert. X Factor Cross Platform Experience was the proud winner of this distinguished award and walked away with a total of three awards.
And the winners of the 1st Social TV Awards were:
1. Best Cable Network - USA Network, Psych Hash Tag Killer
2. Best Online Video - Team Coco - Conan O'Brien Show, Turner Broadcasting
3. Best Research Social TV Platform - Bluefin Labs, Bluefin Signals
4. Best Check-in and Loyalty - GetGlue
5. Best Social TV Companion to Home Video or DVD - Tron Disney Second Screen, TV Plus
6. Best TV Show Specific - X Factor Cross Platform Experience, Fox Broadcasting/Syco TV/FremantleMedia
7. Best Branded - Red Bull Shazam App, Shazam
8. Best Drama - Heartland Ranch, Canadian Broadcast Corporation
9. Best Social Commerce or Marketing Program - Fashion Star, Electus
10. Best Special Entertainment - Grammy's Live, CBS Interactive
11. Best Connected TV - Amnesty International's Secret Policeman's Ball, EPIX
12. Best White Label Social TV Application or Solution - TIE: Mass Relevance and ECHO
13. Best Ubiquitous - ConnecTV
14. Best Social TV Integration of Facebook - The Voice 5th Coach App, NBC
15. Best Social TV Integration of Twitter - X Factor Cross Platform Experience, Fox Broadcasting/Syco TV/Fremantle
16. Best Mobile Phone, iPad or Tablet Social TV Application - The Walking Dead - Story Sync, AMC
17. Best Sports Social TV Award - Chevy Game Time, Detroit Labs
18. Best Broadcast Network - NBC, NBC Live
19. Social TV Entertainer of the Year - Andy Cohen, Host of Watch What Happens LIVE and EVP, Development & Talent, Bravo Media
20. Social TV Marketer of the Year - Jesse Redness SVP Digital, USA Network - USA
21. Social TV Best of Show - X Factor Cross Platform Experience, Fox Broadcasting/Syco TV/FremantleMedia