Let me preface this post with a warning to non-meat eaters that this post features some explicitly delicious photos of bacon in all of its wondrous forms.
Baconfest Chicago, a bacon wonderland where more than 120 chefs serve creative (and most importantly delicious) bacon-inspired dishes to 3,000 bacon-loving fans, celebrated its fifth year in the Windy City. The UIC Forum hosted two sessions (lunch and dinner), which featured tantalizing bacon treats that ran the gamut of sweet and savory. From bacon cotton candy to bacon cocktails and bacon-wrapped ribs, Baconfest lived up to its name with the incredible spread in which the 3,000 hungry guests were able to indulge.
Baconfest by the Numbers:
• 41: Minutes it took for General Admission tickets to sell out
• 75: People in attendance at the first Baconfest event in 2009
• 3,000: guests this year across the lunch and dinner sessions
• 5,700: Pounds of Nueske's bacon served this year
• 2,500: Pounds of Bacon Lovers Deli Meat Eckrich donated to match food drive donations from guests
• 50,000: Dollars donated to the Greater Chicago Food Depository from Baconfest
Check out the gallery below for the NSFV (not safe for vegetarians) images of tasty treats.
Follow Justin Barbin on Twitter: www.twitter.com/jjbarbin