One of my favorite 20th century authors is James Allen, who wrote "As A Man Thinketh." His book focuses on the power of thought, and how it shapes and creates our world. Allen covers the basic premise of how our thoughts work here in his quote:
"Mind is the master power that molds and makes, and man is mind, and ever more he takes the tool of thought, and shaping what he wills, brings forth a thousand joys, a thousand ills. He thinks in secret and it comes to pass; environment is but his looking-glass."
We've all heard how important it is to focus our thoughts in order to achieve our goals, but for many of us, we've been so busy working that we've run out of ideas and lost touch with our vision plans.
The missing key to activating your highest potential and achieving your goals may be to daydream. Organizations, including Google and 3M, agree with the philosophy that daydreaming is crucial to creative, out of the box vision planning and problem solving. Google invites their employees to dedicate 20 percent of their work time to daydreaming and allowing their mind free reign to wander and roam. The results have been so promising that Google continues to encourage the practice.
Would you like to tap into this limitless, brainstorming energy that is available to you every day and re-energize yourself to the point that people ask how you find the time to do all that you do?
One of the easiest ways to actively daydream is to create a vision book, which helps open your mind to explore and consider solutions you may otherwise overlook. A vision book offers a practical application to jumpstart the creative juices and help shift from old, worn out thought patterns. Creating this book allows new ideas to pour from you daily onto paper, encouraging you to reach your highest potential.
Here are six steps to creating a vision book and daydreaming your goals into reality:
- Step One: Decide what goal you would like to daydream about and manifest into your life. Choose one goal, as it's easier to focus on one goal at a time when manifesting it into your life.
- Step Two: Purchase a notebook or scrapbook that is a comfortable size so you can hold it comfortably in your hands. An 8 1/2 x 11-inch notebook or slightly larger scrapbook works best.
- Step Three: Once you have your book, collect photos, drawings and pictures that connect you emotionally to the goal you wish to achieve. You can cut pictures out of old magazines, print graphics from the web, make your own graphics and use photos that remind you of your goal. Include graphics and doodles that show the end result and reflect how you will feel when you achieve your goal.
- Step Four: Place the graphics and photos in each page of the book on the right hand side. On the left hand side, write a sentence across from each page of photos that describes the emotional and mental energy associated with the graphics.
- Step Five: Once you have created your book, take time every day to spend at least 10 minutes looking over the book, connecting with the emotional and mental energy created and felt in each picture and sentence. Then, take it a step farther and daydream about the experience and see yourself achieving this goal. Imagine how you feel and what the experience brings to you each day and jot down any new ideas that come to you. As you daydream, believe that this dream is soon to be manifested into your life.
- Step Six: After you review your book each day and daydream about how it will feel when you have achieved this goal, say this mantra out loud to further affirm that your goals are manifesting in your life: "Every day, in every way, I am living my dream."
For example, someone who wanted to get a pilot's license might have a photo of themselves as a child on a swing up in the air, or as a teenager on a trampoline jumping into the air. The sentence on the left might say, "I feel free and comfortable when I fly." Another page might show a person shaking hands with another person with a happy look on their face. The text on the left might say, "I am happy with my new job offer as a pilot for XYZ airlines." Your daydream book continues to grow over time, page by page, as you focus on the goal you wish to achieve.
As host of the "Explore Your Spirit with Kala" show and author of the award-winning "9 Life Altering Lessons: Secrets of the Mystery Schools Unveiled," "Ghosthunting North Carolina," and "The Awakened Aura: Experiencing the Evolution of Your Energy Body," Kala Ambrose's wisdom teachings are described as discerning, empowering and inspiring. A highly interactive teacher on a mission to educate, entertain and inspire, Kala presents workshops nationally on the Mind/Body/Spirit connection at the Omega Institute, the Learning Annex, LilyDale Assembly, and around the U.S. Learn more about Kala at http://www.ExploreYourSpirit.com and read her blog on Red Room.