Note: Do not read on if you have not seen Season 1, Episode 6 of HBO's The Leftovers, titled "Guest."
Things we now know about Nora Durst:
1) She hires escorts to shoot her with her Kevlar on for about $2,000 a pop. Is she trying to feel?
2) After divorcing her husband and running into Kevin, she tells him to forget about his daughter (in so many words). He'll just be the first guy with a daughter still living that will piss her off.
3) She buys a lot of Frosted Flakes.
4) She's not OK: Last year at the conference, she made a grown woman cry. This year? She's popping pills with mannequin makers and blacking out. Possibly smashing mirrors, definitely shrieking at men in bars (men who deserve it, maybe, but still).
5) She's oddly accepting: Why doesn't hotel security have video cameras in the bar? Why was the impersonator just brushed over -- does every interesting plot point have to come to a logical, boring conclusion?
6) She's the kind of person who remembers her PayPal password, which is amazing. I can never manage to do it. And she can wash her armpits in a NYC copy shop bathroom. These are modern day miracles.
7) Holy Wayne's hugs are only $1,000 which is not a bad deal, really. And does it work? Sort of: she's back to buying yogurt and paper towels and not sobbing into her answering machine. Her and Kevin might make out soon, too.
Did she get someone to answer differently to question 121? And what do their answers have to do with her pain? I'm started to get annoyed with the show's philosophy of hinting at moral truths. It all just feels like a Fiona Apple song from 1996. Deep and sad just to be deep and sad.
What do you think of the show so far? Of Nora and her fetish gun? Let me know @karenfratti or in the comments.
"The Leftovers" airs Sundays at 10 p.m. ET on HBO.
HuffPost Entertainment is your one-stop shop for celebrity news, hilarious late-night bits, industry and awards coverage and more — sent right to your inbox six days a week. Learn more