These may not be your momma's lullabies, but they sure will ease you into a delicate slumber just like that sweet song and warm glass of milk did back in the day. Several studies have found music to be a useful sleep aid. Turn your volume down low and drift off and away to the soothing melodies of Dr. Dog and Eric Clapton alike.
- Dr. Dog: The Breeze
- Otis Redding: You Don't Miss Your Water
- Explosions In The Sky: First Breath After Coma
- Pretty Lights: Stay
- Eric Clapton: Wonderful Tonight
- M83: Wait
- Squeak E. Clean feat Karen O: Hello Tomorrow
- Yo La Tengo: Damage
- Cat Power: Where Is My Love
- Broken Social Scene: Lover's Spit
- Sigur Ross: Hoppipolla
- Christopher O'Reily: Waltz #1
- Grouper: Heavy Water/I'd Rather Be Sleeping
For more music, check out the rest of the HuffPost Workouts series here.
Follow Kate Bratskeir on Twitter:
Read more from Huffington Post bloggers:
Mache Seibel, MD: Can't Sleep? Stressed? Try Music!
Have you ever felt anxious or stressed or couldn't sleep? Not just mere mortals have the problem; even celebrities have trouble sleeping sometimes. Maybe it's time to turn on some relaxing music and feel your body switch to relaxed.