"30 Rock" fans, the time for wild speculation is at hand, as the final season of "30 Rock" premieres this Thursday (at 8 p.m. ET). So far, based on teasers for the premiere, we can reasonably infer that 1) Liz still can't talk about sex without being awkward about it, 2) Jack still has the piercing blue eyes of a Siberian husky, and 3) that's really about it. So, basically, life goes on.
It's already a shortened final season, with only 13 episodes planned (lucky 13?), thanks to NBC's Thursday night lineup freakout last spring, so whatever's going to happen is going to need to happen fast.
So with that in mind, here's a potpourri of what's on my mind grapes and what I hope to see during the upcoming final season:
1. Could this be Liz's baby? Of course, by purposefully sharing that photo, that's exactly what the show wants us to think ... so maybe not. I could see Liz getting pregnant in the finale, though. Ideally, this time, not a false positive due to bull semen found in Sabor de Soledad.
2. There's no way that Liz combined with Jenna's bachelorette party will be anything but a hot mess of televised awesomeness. It also looks like Liz is hosting it, which bodes well -- ain't no party like a Liz Lemon party 'cause a Liz Lemon party is mandatory.
3. More Criss points! More D'Fwan! More Queen of Jordan! More Dr. Spaceman! More Colleen Donaghy! More Sharking! More Margaret Cho and Rachel Dratch! More, I say!
4. Who will Jack's final love interest be? Thirteen episodes isn't much time for someone new to come into the picture, so ... Avery's mom, perhaps? I know I'm definitely holding out for a return of Nancy Donovan.
5. Who will Liz end up with? Criss is the logical option of course, but after all these seasons, does their relationship feel a little off to anyone else? All general douchebaggery and rat-king talk aside, Dennis does seem to complete Liz in a totally bizarre and probably unhealthy way and he finally has a cell phone! So that's progress. Plus, every time he says Liz will be back, he's usually right. Dummy.
6. Disclaimer: I love Kristen Schaal so much, and yet I have never liked Hazel. Which reminds me, Hazel and Kenneth are also rooming together, so hilarity may actively consider ensuing! But probably not because Hazel is deadweight ~83 percent of the time. I'M SORRY KRISTEN DON'T HATE ME.
7. Let's take bets on how many episodes poor forgotten cast member Danny appears in. I'm going to say ... two. Or possibly he'll go the way of Josh and just randomly vanish with no explanation.
8. I have some seriously lofty expectations for Jenna and Paul's wedding.
9. With the election this fall, Jack will undoubtedly be at his GOP finest.
10. Guest stars Catherine O'Hara and Bryan Cranston will appear as Kenneth's mother and her "friend" Ron. Enough said.
11. Other assorted weirdness lies ahead, judging by this casting notice: "Experienced female clown with her own costume," a photo double for Paz de la Huerta and Mitt Romney, and a female over fifty who is "comfortable wearing an oxygen mask." So, you know, there's that.
So many promising storylines ... so little time.
As much as I love this show, I'm glad they're ending it now on their own terms. I'd hate to see it go the way of shows like "The Simpsons," slowly withering away to a point where fans feel compelled to qualify the fact that they like it with "but only the early seasons, you know, when it was good." (Or is that just me?)
Check out a collection of "30 Rock" clips in the slideshow below.
Tell me: What do you want to see happen this season? Will Liz get a happy ending?
Follow Katherine Patke on Twitter: www.twitter.com/kmmpatke