Now that Halloween is over and the month of November is in full swing, it's time to start thinking about the holidays! This time of year is traditionally associated with weight gain. According to the Calorie Control Council, the average dinner for Americans on Thanksgiving contains 4,500 calories and 229 grams of fat (and not all of it is the good kind)! Statistics aside, it can be a great time to practice self-control around the buffet and get creative about sneaking workouts in amongst all the craziness. It can also be an opportune time to ask your loved ones to give you gifts that encourage a healthy lifestyle. Below, I've shared my holiday wish list for 2013 -- you can see a more complete version via my Pinterest page as well!
1. The Essential Long Sleeve Shirt in Amethsyt from Cory Vines: I already own the sunset color and I am in love with it! So soft and comfy: perfect for working out or lounging, plus it hugs in all the right places!
2. A tennis racquet: It's on my short list to learn how to play tennis. It's a fun form of exercise that gives me an excuse to get outside, and I adore this pink Chanel raquet.
3. The Victoria's Secret Angel Sports Bra: Looks comfortable, supportive and comes in a wide variety of colors. I'm in!
4. Winter Dream Tea: Perfectly flavored for winter months, and I have missed it so much since moving away from the West Coast.
5. iTunes Gift Cards: I love revamping my workout playlists as often as possible, and the costs can really add up! This would really help me get through the first part of the year.
And because I truly believe in the perfect balance of beauty-and-beast mode (a.k.a. training and fitness), here are a few beauty-focused gifts I'd love to see under my tree.
1. Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream: This product is available in a wide array of skin tones and it has an SPF of 30.
2. CHI Ceramic Hair Waver: I'd love to experiment with beachy waves using this tool from one of my favorite brands.
3. Firecracker Necklace: Since I was born on the Fourth of July (and have such a spitfire attitude), my nickname is "Firecracker Ford."
4. Hartmann "Packcloth" Luggage: For some upcoming travel, I'd love to have a matching set to do it in style.
5. NARS Lip Gloss: I'll take one in every color, please!
Follow Keri Lynn Ford on Twitter: www.twitter.com/@IgniteGirlsFit