Valerie Macon via Getty Images
Lupita Nyong'o was crowned People's Most Beautiful this year. Here are the top 10 reasons she's so woman crush-worthy and inspirational:
- Her international background. Born in Mexico, raised in Kenya and educated stateside. She's bilingual (at the very least). No wonder she seems so worldly.
- Passion shows, and she deserves credit for that. SAG-AFTRA awards: "My first love is acting."
- There's talent and then there's work ethic and the explosive combination that luck seems to strike with big opportunities. She was hard-working, according to her classmates from the Yale School of Drama.
- She's grateful and remains humble. She thanks those who have paved the path.
- On that note, Lupita's well-educated and well-spoken. Her speeches are eloquent, to say the least.
- Honesty is the most beautiful policy. At the Essence Black Women in Hollywood lunch, she talked about self-hate surrounding the darkness of her skin as a young girl. After feeling un-beautiful, she decided to be fairer to herself, in the end.
- She sees the responsibility of being a role model and used a platform of her unforgettable, moving acceptance speech to reach out to the next generation, no matter what race: "When I look down at this golden statue, may it remind me and every child, no matter where you're from, your dreams are valid."
- Family. Lupita has mentioned the positive impact of her mother multiple times. She also took her brother to awards shows. Peter was in the record-breaking, world-famous Twitter selfie with Ellen and celebrities co.
- She's stylishly daring. The newest face for Lancome has worn every color on the rainbow and rocks it every time.
- She shines from within, and seems happy because of it!