Hey, lovers! Economic times are tough, but you still want to express your devotion to your sweetie, right? Here are some ideas for a romantically frugal Valentine's Day!
1. Don't buy flowers: instead, make your own out of paper, fabric, or an old shoe you're not using anymore.
1. Sam Spade
2. Matthew Chance
3. Dana Bash
4. Dinah Brand
5. Reno Starkey
6. Candy Crowley
7. Poppy Harlow
8. Miss Wonderly
9. Nick and Nora Charles
10. John and Jane King
[Answers: 2,3,6,7,10 - CNN. 1,4,5,8,9 - Hammett.]...
Thank you for your interest in the Rod Blagojevich's Bargain Basement Illinois Legislature Blowout Sale! Below is a price list of the items currently available. Fax in your order now and and get a Chipotle burrito with each purchase!
-Illinois U.S. Senate Seat (pre-order now; avail....
1. Garden gnome
2. Dancing lizard
3. Grumpy old man
4. Angry troll
5. Axe murderer
6. Manchurian candidate
7. Vomiting monster-dragon
8. Grimace, the McDonald's character
9. Person in obvious gastrointestinal distress
10. Pile of mashed potatoes with teeth
SEN. CHRIS DODD (D-CT): "Secretary Paulson, I've looked over your proposal. It is stunning and unprecedented in both its scope and lack of detail."
TREASURY SECRETARY HENRY PAULSON: La la la I can't hear you! Right, guys? Ha.
DODD: "...and it would allow this secretary and his successors to act...
1. "After 8 years, I know what it takes to be president"
2. His "beautiful wife" Cindy
3. "Fully qualified"
4. From the "great state" of Alaska
5. "So he called for more troops, and now we're winning"
6. "A man who never quits is...
Senator McCain got a lot of flack Monday for his speech in which he mispronounced the name of the President of Georgia several times, and stumbled over words like "hostility," "sovereignty," and "Asia." It's hard to keep track of all of McCain's mispronunciations, so...
"On Monday, the Illinois senator was photographed in a helicopter touring Baghdad with Army Gen. David H. Petraeus, the U.S. military commander in Iraq...On Monday, the Arizona senator was seen on television riding in a golf cart with former President George H.W. Bush at Bush's oceanfront estate in Maine."
For the first time yesterday, the United States joined the other major industrialized countries involved in the Group of Eight Summit in committing to try to halve greenhouse-gas emissions by 2050. Here are some of the other goals that the G-8 leaders are set to announce this week:
To Whom Sirs (or Madam?) it does Concern:
You might have heard "around the water cooler" or read in the "news" this week that I, the aforementioned Alberto Gonzales, the formerly Attorney General, have been unable to find a position and/or job in a private law firm since...
The New York Times Caucus Blog recently reported that the Republican National Committee has registered a list of at least 45 domain names related to Senators Clinton and Obama in the past year. The list includes the following URLs, and these are true:
1) Put those dimples to use as a greeter at the local Cracker Barrel.
2) Grow a beard and get really fat again? Because, like, why not? Right, guys?
3) Start out on lecture tour entitled "How to Win 8 Primary States with a Small Staff, No Money, and...
Subject: Karl Rove Dressing Room Rider
We look forward to a successful visit to Fox News for Tuesday's Potomac Primary coverage. The following instructions will ensure a smooth evening for all at Team Rove!!!
Mr. Rove's dressing room must be soundproofed,...
With Fred Thompson out of the race, his supporters are now up for grabs. And in a tight contest, that 7% counts. Here's what the remaining Republican candidates are doing to woo former "FredHeads" in Florida in anticipation of Tuesday's presidential primary:
-Give stump speeches at the 4:30...
What cable news networks are doing to keep viewers tuned in throughout the 2008 primary season:
1. CNN strikes a strategic partnership with the Food Network to provide picture-within-picture of a slowly-rotating table of delicious cakes.
2. Wolf Blitzer shaves off his mustache & beard live on camera.