A change of location can feed both body and mind. There is so much to see and do around the globe. The only question becomes where to begin. Attributed to Augustine of Hippo, "The world is a book, and those who don't travel read only one page." Start the next chapter of your journey today.
Begin Your Travels
Whether its adventure seeking or inspiration that is sought, these destinations are sure to leave a lasting impression.
1. Mendenhall Glacier Caves of Tongass National Park, AlaskaAdventure seekers should fly to Juneau and make their way over to the caves via kayak and climb. In the interim you will be experiencing wild and pristine nature in America's largest forest. The Glacier itself runs 12 miles long and requires an escort. Intrepid visitors should fly to Juneau, kayak to and climb over the glacier to access this feature with a guide. The Mendenhall Glacier Caves are exposed to changing climactic conditions and accessibility changes.
2. Angel Falls, VenezuelaThis waterfall ranks as the world highest at 3,212 feet. Visitors will be surprised that the water that begins at the top takes an unusual journey and atomizes into a fine mist, never to reach the bottom.
3. Bora Bora, TahitiThis "romantic island" of a number of islands within French Polynesia is 18 miles long with white sandy shores surrounded by a lagoon. The best of those beaches is at Matira Point.
4. Anse Source d-Argent of La Digue, Seychelles IslandsOften photographed, the Anse Source d-Argent invites visitors to unwind on its pale pink sand. Enjoy shallow turquoise waters and a protective reef.
5. La Samanna Resort on Baie Longue, St. MartinIf a little pampering is called for, join the jet set at La Samanna. The area is secluded and the resort itself seems unreal with striking white architecture, beautiful beaches and plenty of eye candy.
6. Forter Castle, ScotlandOriginally built in 1560, the castle has since been restored using traditional materials. Enjoy horseback lessons, famous local greens for golfers or journey to the Nae Limits for kayaking, whitewater trips, cliff-jumping, canyonning and climbing. Visit during the Highland Games to sample Scottish hospitality and culture.
7. Belize Barrier ReefThis reef remains one of the most diverse reef ecosystems and is home to rays, whale sharks, manatees and spiny lobsters. It is part of the almost 700-mile-long Mesoamerican Reef and suffered a 50 percent loss to its coral in 1998. Journey International offers a "Cayo and the Caye" journey with stops in Belize's rainforest. There will be a 3 day stay on an island in the reef with side trips to the Mayan ruins and Guatemala.
8. MadagascarHome to unique species of plants and animals found nowhere else. It is the fourth largest island in the world with a forest ecosystem under peril. There are endemic species that have yet to be recorded.
9. Florence, ItalyThis romantic city is residence to breathtaking artwork and was once the place where the 'renaissance' flourished. Spectacular sunsets and bright cheerful buildings will have visitors wanting to make their own creative contributions. Culinary delights, the beauty of the city and the spirit of the people revive weary souls.
10. Budapest, HungaryBudapest is known as the "Jewel of the Danube" and has European flair but a truly laid-back atmosphere with fewer tourists than Prague. Visit Buda Hill Castle at night for spectacular views of the city. Unwind in traditional thermal Turkish baths from the 16th and 17th centuries such as Rudas in this "City of Baths.