You know life is not passing you by, unless you let it.
- Are you feeling out of touch with your life?
- Do you feel invisible?
- Are you becoming your mother?
- Do you and your significant other argue a great deal of the time?
- Do you feel abandoned by your friends?
- Are you bored with your career?
- Do your kids ignore you and seem to be so ungrateful and unloving?
If you allow these things to get to you, then life is truly passing you by, because you are letting it. So you ask: What can I do to change these feelings? I think that the first thing to do is to recognize them and then decide how you are going to handle them. So let's go through them one by one with each other:
1. If you are feeling out of touch with your life then find a new hobby, go to a seminar or ask a friend out for lunch or dinner
2. If you are feeling invisible, first determine if it is emotional or physical. If it is emotional then pamper yourself, get a mani and pedi, get a facial, buy a new piece of clothing, jewelry, shoes or a bag. If it is physical then sit down and put together a new eating and exercise plan. Find a workout or walking partner to spend some time with.
3. If you feel like you are becoming your mother and it makes you feel uncomfortable, then spend some time with your mother and recognize her beautiful traits and see those traits in yourself.
4. If you and your significant other are arguing a great deal of the time, arrange a date night, get dressed up and really admire and complement each other like you would on a first date. You will be surprised how things can turn around in one evening by adding a little romance.
5. If you are feeling abandoned by your friends, ask yourself if you have in fact been hiding, not picking up the phone, returning emails and generally being reclusive. Reach out -- you will be surprised with the results.
6. If you are feeling bored with your career, then perhaps it is time to make a change or ask if there is another opportunity within the company that you are working for. If you are self-employed, then spice up your business with some new ideas and act on them as quickly as possible to get those creative juices flowing.
7. If you are feeling that your kids are ignoring you and are ungrateful and unloving, then spend more time with them. Invite them out for dinner, to a show, for a walk, a bike ride -- anything which allows you to have one to one time with them that is fun and not critical or serious.
One of the most important things that you can do for yourself is to validate your accomplishments personally and professionally. You, and only you, have the ability to "live in the eye of your life" -- make it happen and have fun doing it!
For more by Leslie Traill, click here.
For more on emotional wellness, click here.
Follow Leslie Traill on Twitter: www.twitter.com/SexyOverSixT