Valentine's Day may have passed, but there's still time to find love on the slopes this season. What more does a single skier or snowboarder want than to find that special someone who also loves sliding on snow? Knowing that, I can't think of a better place to meet that person than on the chairlift. You are guaranteed a solid 5 to 12 minutes to woo your target, and unlike hitting on someone in a bar, he or she can't escape you (aside from hurling herself off of the chair which would cause serious bodily harm). Yup, you've got 'em cornered and they can't even throw a drink in your face.
Below I have assembled some of the best chairlift pick up lines I've heard, with the help of a little crowdsourcing from the rest of the Liftopia staff (and interwebs). But I do advise you, use with caution, it is hard to tell what someone really looks like behind their helmet, facemask and goggles. And if you are a lady, remember the age-old ski-town dating adage: the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
- I wanna be the pizza to your french fries.
- Don't make me fall for you.
- Did you just fall through a cloud on the way down from heaven? Or did you just faceplant in some pow?
- "Watch out, you don't want your scarf to get caught!" [Smoothly slide arm around shoulder]
- Let's go back to your gondola and get down(loaded).
- What is your DIN setting?
- Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I ski by you again?
- Is that a Red Bull in your snow pants or are you just happy to be sharing a lift with me?
- Nice moguls.
- Consider this your season pass, can I buy you a drink?
- Nice rockers, wanna see my top sheet?
- I think my heart just did a double cork 1080 and got 15 feet of air out of my throat.
- Looks like they have been doing avalanche control around here, because I just found me a bombshell!
- I won't pull your pass if you duck my rope.
- I hope you find me under an avalanche because I could use some probing.
- I have a job.
What are some of your favorite pick up lines for the chairlift? Share with us in the comments below!
By Kate Christiaanse, Liftopia
We’re basically your best friend… with better taste. Learn more