- Horses running on a drug free platform.
- New York State keep its fingers out of statutory enabled racing related revenue, let the industry meet current obligations and reinvest any overages.
- Practices and policies that enable a small, private breeder/trainer to have access to the same facilities as the major corporate owners/trainers.
- A race horse retirement program administered by an organization that is a responsive, independent entity.
- Passage of Assembly Bill A.B. 3504 and its Senate adjunct, that bans transactions in NY where the end result is horses going to slaughter for human consumption; including the transportation of slaughter bound horses in and through New York State.
- Steeplechase races at Aqueduct and Belmont reinstated.
- Adopting the recommendations for claiming races made in the "Putting the Horse First: Veterinary Recommendations for the Safety and Welfare of the Thoroughbred Racehorse" from the American Association of Equine Practitioners.
Follow Liz O'Connell on Twitter: www.twitter.com/NYThoroughbred