This is where Sweet Loren's Heavenly Chocolate Chunk Cookie Dough meets a classic coconut macaroon! These cookies are really delicious if you like coconut, and really fun because the texture is unlike anything I have eaten before! They are a combo of a chewy shredded coconut filled macaroon and a classic chocolate chip cookie. With no leavening, this cookie still has the height and chewiness of the kind of decadent cookie you dream of, but different enough that it might just become a new staple. Warm out of the oven, these are definitely worth celebrating with!
- 2/3 cup coconut oil or unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup evaporated cane juice
- 2 tab agave nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 2 3/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
How to make it:
Preheat oven to 300 F.
1. With a standing mixer, beat the coconut oil or butter until creamy on medium-high speed for a couple minutes. Add the evaporated cane juice and agave nectar, and beat for 4-5 minutes until creamy. Add the eggs, the vanilla extract, almond extract and sea salt just until incorporated. Scrap down the sides. Add the coconut, whole wheat flour and oat flour. Mix on low just until combined -- make sure not to over-mix. Add chocolate chips, if using, and mix until just incorporated.
2. Using a 1 ½ inch ice cream scoop, scoop out balls and place on baking sheet, 2 inches from each other. These will spread a little bit more than a typical coconut macaroon, but not much, since they are half chocolate chip cookie too! Bake for 17-19 minutes.
3. Let cool and then ENJOY!
Be SWEET to Yourself.
Follow Loren Brill on Twitter: www.twitter.com/SweetLorens