Beccaauuse no flight attendant is going to say your bag is not making it on the flight and goodbye! to every piece of clothing you own. You officially now have to wear the same outfit every day.
This post originally appeared on Map Happy.
On my last flight, I was the second-to-last passenger to board a completely full flight (let's just say I like to really push how much TSA PreCheck will work in my favor) and maybe I just happened to wake up on the right side of the bed that morning but I couldn't have cared less if my ginormous bag made it into an overhead bin. Because there's no real reason to stress.
- Look at the overhead bins and your place in line.
- Assume there is no longer overhead space near your seat.
- Find the first empty slot that will fit your bag, even if it's not above your seat.
- Slide it in.
- Go to your seat, enjoy life.
- Grab what you need for the flight.
- Get your bag gate-checked. It doesn't cost anything.
No reason to herd like cattle.
- How To Stop Feeling Like a Human Blob In Your Seat
- In Defense of the Aisle Seat
- How To Pick Between a Bulkhead or Exit-Row Seat
HuffPost Lifestyle is a daily newsletter that will make you happier and healthier — one email at a time. Learn more