"What's in a name?" When it comes success on the Internet -- A LOT. That's why domain names comprise such hot Internet real estate.
Arguably, keywords are equally important to online entrepreneurs. Keywords can make you a fortune. And, there's no doubt about it, some keywords definitely smell sweeter than others. Finding them and putting them to work for you is the fastest track to online success.
Here are 15 steps to finding and implementing the most effective keywords for your enterprise:
1. Think of an idea you want to write about.
2. Go to KeywordSpy.com or Wordtracker.com and find out how often people type in the keywords associated with your idea.
3. Go to GetRichClick.com/Keywordtools to find out the costs to buy those Keywords from various search engines.
4. Evaluate the return potential.
5. Choose as many good keywords as you can.
6. Read popular magazines and newspaper headlines for GREAT keywords.
7. Create an ebook on the topic -- full of the various keywords you have chosen.
8. Buy the domain name and hosting.
9. Develop a simple website.
10. Hook it to a shopping cart and merchant processor.
11. Publish the website.
12. Buy Pay-Per-Click advertising from various search engines.
13. Launch your marketing campaign; buy the appropriate keywords.
14. Tell your friends on Facebook and Twitter to visit the site.
15. Watch for an increase in bank deposits.
Marc Ostrofsky is a New York Times bestselling author of "Get Rich Click" and owns 300+ websites including CuffLinks.com, Blinds.com and eTickets.com. He's been seen on ABC's "The View," the "Today Show," and 20/20, as well as in the "Wall Street Journal," "New York Times" and "USA Today." His sale of the URL "Business.com" landed in the "Guinness Book of World Records." He can be reached at www.GetRichClick.com, where you can also read more of his business insights and review his schedule of speaking engagements.
The Morning Email helps you start your workday with everything you need to know: breaking news, entertainment and a dash of fun. Learn more