In order to manifest what you want in this coming year, you first have to know what you want.
I suggest that you take some time today to write down exactly what you want to manifest next year. I find that writing things down is vitally important for manifestation, because then I can stay focused on taking the action I need to take to get there.
I have found that there are six areas of personal responsibility that we all need to focus on to create a happy and balanced life.
Assess your current level of health. Are you happy with it? If not, what do you need to change?
- Are you eating clean natural, preferably organic foods, or do you eat mostly processed foods and fast foods?
- Do you get enough exercise?
- Do you get enough sleep?
- Do you have a healthy way of managing stress? Stress, which triggers the fight or flight reaction, causes your immune system to shut down, so stress is a major aspect of illness.
- Loneliness can cause major stress. Are you finding ways to connect with others?
How much of the time do you feel peaceful and joyful? Do you feel satisfied with this? If not, what do you need to change?
- Are you anxious or depressed a lot? Do you often feel guilty and shamed? How often are you angry? All of these indicate that you are not taking responsibility for your own feelings -- that you are abandoning yourself.
- Do you find yourself judging yourself rather than accepting yourself?
- Do you turn to various substance and process addictions to avoid responsibility for your pain, rather than learning how to lovingly manage your pain?
- Do you blame others for your feelings rather than learning how to love yourself?
Are you satisfied with your spiritual connection, or is this a part of your life that needs attention?
- Do you have a spiritual practice that works for you -- that makes you feel happy and safe?
- Do you feel a personal connection with a spiritual source of love and guidance that you trust?
- Are you able to stay connected with your spiritual guidance through most of a day?
- Do you allow just your mind to guide your actions, or do you generally follow your heart as well?
Are you happy with your work? Are you satisfied with the amount of money you make, or does this area of your life need attention?
- Do you overspend or underspend?
- Do you have work that you enjoy and value?
- Do you feel safe financially?
- Are you able to receive the joy of giving to others in need?
Work and financial issues can create huge stress in life, so it's vitally important that you write down what you want and then take the loving actions to move yourself toward meaningful work and financial security. You CAN manifest what you want, but it doesn't just happen. You need to know what you want and then take the necessary actions to get there.
Relationships are a major part of life. If you are in a relationship, are you happy with it or are there things you want to change in the coming year? If you are not in a relationship, do you want to be in one? Are your relationships with your family and friends what you want them to be?
- Do you lose yourself in relationships?
- Does the fear of getting hurt keep you from being in a relationship, or keep your heart closed in your relationship?
- Do you become overly controlling in relationships?
- Does the fear of rejection and/or engulfment keep you from being open in a relationship?
- Are you open to learning and growing through your relationships?
The joy of relationships is to be able to connect from the heart and share love -- with a partner, parents, children and friends. If this is not your experience, then you might want to consider doing some inner work in the coming year.
Part of not having too much stress in our lives is being able to manage time and space in a way that makes us feel safe rather than anxious. Is this an area of your life that needs attention?
- Are you always late?
- Do you have too much clutter?
- Are you overly messy or overly neat?
- Do you pay your bills on time?
- Do you get work done on time?
- Are you self-disciplined, or do you procrastinate?
- Do you answer phone calls, texts and emails in a timely way?
You might want to pick one or two of the above areas to focus on in the coming year. Which cause you the most stress? Which make you feel the worst about yourself? Do you really want to be in the same place next year at this time? What actions would make you feel happier and safer?
Now is a great time to focus on changing what is most important for you to change.
Learn to manifest your dreams! Join Dr. Margaret Paul for her 30-Day at-home Course: "Frequency: Your Spiritual Connection and The Art of Manifestation"