It was Mother's Day and I had to make my own lunch, so I wanted something quick and easy yet indulgent without being unhealthy. For days I had been craving the combination of lobster and avocado, so I whipped this up for my girls and me, and guess what? We ate the whole thing!
The key to making it special is adding some fresh herbs. I happened to have some fresh lemon verbena growing, and that truly made it divine (hint of Australia and lemon myrtle--no, they are not the same thing--I checked.) But you can add WHATEVER YOU WANT! Pretend it's Mother's Day whenever. This does seem like a perfect dish for easy entertaining, too.
Lobster Avocado SaladIngredients:
- Precooked lobster meat
- Pine nuts
- Herbs (basil, dill, lemon verbena!!!!)
- ½ lemon
Lemon Vinaigrette DressingIngredients:
- ½ lemon (juice and zest if you like)
- 1 Tablespoon vinegar
- 5 Tablespoons olive oil
- Get a platter and layer the lettuce, cut-up vegetables, avocado (douse in lemon juice to keep the flesh from turning brown), and lobster, using amounts to your taste.
- Toast the pine nuts and put them on top.
- Garnish with the fresh herbs and pour the dressing over top.
- Serve and devour!
Yes, it's that easy.
For more from Maria Rodale, go to www.mariasfarmcountrykitchen.com