Lately, I've just wanted to add sparkling water to everything. I add it to my iced coffee and even iced tea. And now, I am adding it to spiced cider. 'Tis the season, after all -- good fresh cider is one of those things that's only available for a few months, from September to December. After that, leave it alone until next year.
This is basically the same recipe you'd use to make hot spiced apple cider. You can make it hot then refrigerate it to make a delicious, spicy, autumnal drink for those days when hot is too hot and cool is just right.
Spiced Apple Cider SpritzerIngredients:
- Apple cider
- Whole cloves
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 organic orange
- 1 hunk fresh ginger
- Fill a saucepan with fresh apple cider.
- Add a few whole cloves and a cinnamon stick.
- Cut the orange in half and squeeze it to add the juice to the mix; put the orange skin in, too--that's why it's important for it to be organic.
- If you want it a bit spicy, add some fresh ginger or even cayenne!
- Boil the mixture for a few minutes.
- Strain it into a jar and let it cool.
- Add seltzer water and ice and enjoy!
For more from Maria Rodale, visit www.mariasfarmcountrykitchen.com
Follow Maria Rodale on Twitter: www.twitter.com/farmkitchenblog