- I don't like when people wear perfume and cologne...and it's even worse when they hug or kiss me and then I smell it on me. Makes me want to shower. Your own smell is good enough - as long as you've showered recently! The only exceptions are truly organic scents. I met Horst Rechelbacher recently (the founder of Aveda and Intelligent Nutrients) and I did tell him he smelled good and he said "Well, it's my job." His scents are acceptable. Mostly because they are organic and all natural. Don't even THINK about asking me to go into an Abercrombie and Fitch store! Never, ever again!
- I get annoyed when people complain about the heat and crank up the air conditioning and then don't do anything about climate change/aka global warming. First of all, I love the heat. Second of all, I can't stand air conditioning. Third of all, I don't like it when people aren't aware that we are all responsible for the state of the world.
- I really, really hate it when windows don't open.
- I get peeved by the whole celebrity culture where people devour someone like Paula Deen until she does something stupid and then revel in her downfall. I don't care about her on the way up or the way down. Although, if she's got a good recipe I will cook it.
- Speaking of which, I LOATHE when the media gets things wrong about me, which I would say they do 90 percent of the time. And then those untruths get picked up as facts since, after all, they were in the media! If you want to know something about me, ask me and I will tell you the truth--and if I can't tell you the truth I will let you know that.
- I do get annoyed when things are a mess and people don't clean up after themselves. Even though, I confess, I am often a mess! It's my double standard and I'm sticking to it.
- I get annoyed when people are late. I am almost always on time. But it's okay if someone has a good reason. That doesn't annoy me at all.
- I annoy myself all the time if I don't get things done that I know I should have gotten done. Mostly work things. But sometimes I just don't feel like doing stuff...do you know what I mean? It's like a bottomless pit sometimes--you dig the pit out and it fills up with stuff to do again. So occasionally, I just have to block it out.
- I really, really get provoked by lying, duplicity and all the related crap that goes with that. That's all I'm going to say.
- I get very, very annoyed when people drive too close to me, or go really slow in front of me, or block my ability to pass, or listen to talk radio when I am in the car. Unless it's Dave Marsh on the E Street Radio station talking about Bruce. But even I can only take so much of that talking. Then I want to listen to music, loud, and drive on the open road without being annoyed.
For more from Maria Rodale, go to www.mariasfarmcountrykitchen.com
Follow Maria Rodale on Twitter: www.twitter.com/farmkitchenblog