It's been said that on St. Patrick's Day we're all a wee bit Irish, but here are a few celebrities who truly are, though they probably wouldn't be the first you'd guess:
- Katy Perry: It's Eyrecourt in County Galway that can lay claim to the singer's Irish ancestral hometown.
- Beyoncé: Like President Obama, Beyoncé is 1/32nd Irish.
- Barry Manilow: Who knew the Jewish boy from Brooklyn could trace a quarter of his ancestry to Ireland?
- Pink: Pink and Carey Hart's baby girl, Willow, is part-Irish on both sides of her family tree.
- David Boreanaz: Like Pink, Detective Seeley Booth from Bones has a Moore branch that leads back to Ireland by way of Pennsylvania. Maybe they're cousins!
Follow Megan Smolenyak on Twitter: www.twitter.com/megansmolenyak