Pros and cons of dating a younger man!
Let's be honest, the main reason a woman will date a younger man is because physically it's very appealing. But there could be more than meets the eye. Here are four good reasons to allow yourself to jump into the kiddie pool.
1. Younger men are more energetic. They still have a thirst for life that hasn't been jaded yet. They are still climbing in an upward motion and aren't settling into the stereotypes of the men before them.
2. Appearance is very important to them. These men are not afraid to tap into their feminine side when it comes to grooming. And exercise is incorporated into their daily routines -- unlike an older man who is more set in his ways and more content to grow old just like his father did. Their style is set by what is seen in the media and they are much more fashion savvy.
3. Many younger men seem to be enraptured by older women. They have a certain amount of respect that differs from an older man. They see these women as experienced and knowledgeable in the bedroom -- as if they have mysterious tricks up their sleeves. Don't forget, as teen boys, usually their fantasies were that of models, movies stars and centerfolds -- many of which were older women.
4. Dating a younger man also makes the woman feel that she has more control of the relationship. In truth, with age does come experience and a certain sense of power. She can feel comfortable in setting the rules and doesn't need to feel like she is not in control of the situation.
1. A younger man still may be afraid of commitment. They are still enjoying the variations of different women. If commitment is something you may be looking for, you might want to opt for an older man.
2. Communication is still not at its optimum peak in a younger man. Either they aren't yet comfortable with it or they haven't been able to tap into their resources yet. As we all know, bad communication in any relationship is a recipe for disaster.
3. The mother figure often comes into play in this kind of relationship. Some younger guys are very needy and are looking to be "mothered" by an older woman. Many times the man will have jealousy issues and are not trusting of the woman. This kind of attachment is not healthy and can lead to a lot of pain on both sides.
4. Younger men are not looking into the future yet. They are still often living in the moment. They aren't too concerned with financial stability and future security. Older women know how fast time goes by and how important having this security is -- especially as we age. This difference can be a major cause of friction.
When the spark of romance blossoms between two people sometimes age does not matter. But it's good to have these guidelines to make you aware of the possibilities that could arise in these relationships.
After what may be decades of commitment and teamwork in a marriage, couples often reach a point when they stop viewing sex as a necessity in a relationship now built upon the strong tenets of trust, friendship and love. A lack of sex in a marriage, however, can turn couples into buddies or quasi-roommates and make that special spark even harder to ignite.
Despite the effects that hormonal changes can have on the libidos of older couples, rest assured men and women can enjoy sex at any age. It might not be as easy to become aroused in your 50s as it was in your 20s, but you can increase your sexual stimulation with frequent exercise, healthy changes in diet and, yes, those little blue pills. Here's a tip: the more you have sex, the more you will want to have it.
Though oft repeated, this claim is not necessarily true. By now, you should know what you like and dislike and be able to shed any sexual inhibitions that you may still be holding on to. Sex after 50 is no longer about exploring foreign terrain, it's about feeling good in your own skin. For these reasons, many women find sex after 50 to be more emotionally and physically satisfying than at any other stage in their lives.
Though diminishing hormone levels can increase the chance of erectile dysfunction in older men, it shouldn't prevent couples from having healthy, fulfilling sex lives. Apart from Viagra, Cialis and a host of other medical options, men can increase their ability to become aroused in the bedroom through exercise, masturbation and increased foreplay with a partner.
Many couples tend to sweep problems they have in the bedroom under the rug with the assumption that sex and romance in their marriage will thrive once the kids leave for college. Unfortunately, without curfews and defiant teens to discuss, couples can often find themselves struggling to make conversation with one another. Such disconnect will create further problems in the bedroom. If the state of your union isn't as strong as you'd like, confront the issues head on and don't make excuses.
The common narrative goes that a midlife crisis will wreak havoc on the stability and romance of a marriage and may even lead to infidelity and divorce. To combat feelings of boredom and wanderlust, couples should take advantage of the midlife crisis to explore each other sexually in new ways. Incorporate fantasies, toys and roleplaying scenarios in the bedroom to spice things up and turn a midlife crisis into a catalyst for adventure.
Follow Meryl Hartstein on Twitter: www.twitter.com/merybeth