Have you ever felt you're destined for more?
Are you doing the work you love?
Because... either you love what you do or you feel you're just existing in the daily
We all do work. Maybe it's parenting, construction, waiting tables, working in an office or running your own business.
You call it -- a job, a career, an occupation, your daily grind, a profession, a trade,
a calling, your nine-to-five, livelihood, vocation.
No matter what your job there are benefits and values to your work because hopefully you're able to buy food and keep a roof over your head; to live with some basic ease and joy and to help other people.
But what about doing what you passionately long for and dream about?
You know..."More than anything I want to be..."
Ask for what you want
As a Life and Career Coach I'm passionate about helping people discover what they truly want to do in life and then -- making it happen by creating a solid plan to achieve it. Then you will succeed and really do what your heart is aching for.
Just imagine - doing what you love to do every... single... day!
It is possible. Sure, it can be a challenge to decide but once you know and say what you want; speak what is in your heart and write it out, then you're on your way to true happiness and success.
Making a living and doing what you utterly love with your life should be the same thing.
Too often our self-doubts and fears, even how we see our age, gets in our way and holds us back from living the life we were born to live. So, we never try. Never go after it. Never ask for what we truly want.
Avoid that tragedy and head right into your joy by doing the work to figure out what you want, profoundly thinking about it with specific details and intensity and then - design, strategize and plot out how you'll do it.
Ask for what you want. It's your life and you should do work you completely love.
15 People who know something about work - life purpose
Take a serious look at these quotations by real people.
Take deep note of what words or ideas get to you.
What do you identify with? What stands out? What connects?
Because -- in those words and ideas is your present and your future.
Cherish them. Learn from them. Let them inspire you to start doing the good and great work you were put on this earth to do. (My favorites are 3 and 7 and 15)
1. We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
- Winston Churchill - British Politician
2. Can anything be sadder than work left unfinished?
Yes; work never done. - Christina Rossetti - English Poet
3. Rarely do we question and then contemplate with determination what our hearts are calling us to do and to be. I like to frame such efforts in question form: "What is my job on the planet with a capital J?", or
"What do I care about so much that I would pay to do it?"
- Jon Kabat-Zinn - Professor of Medicine & Mindfulness Expert
4. Finding the humility to happily walk away from those who don't get it
unlocks our ability to do good work. - Seth Godin - American Author & Entrepreneur
5. Without work, all life goes rotten. But when work is soulless, life stifles and dies. - Albert Camus - French Author & Philosopher
6. Career miracles happen when you're so in love with your life that pushing yourself is actually easier than stopping, when you 'do without doing'. Joyful activity adds real value to the world and adding value is the heart and soul of a successful career. - Martha Beck - American Author & Life Coach
7. An unfulfilled vocation drains the color from a man's entire existence.
- Honore′ de Balzac - French Novelist & Playwright
8. The two most important days in your life are the day you're born, and the day you find out why. - Mark Twain - American Author & Humorist
9. Every person comes into this world with a specific destiny - He has something to fulfill, some message has to be delivered, some work to be completed. You are not here accidently - you are here meaningfully. There is purpose behind you. The whole intends to do something through you. - Osho - Spiritual Teacher
10. It's never too late to become what you might have been.
- George Eliot - English Novelist
11. Everyone has been made for some particular work, and the desire for that work has been put in every heart. - Rumi - Persian Poet
12. People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it. - George Bernard Shaw - Irish Playwright
13. Never continue in a job you don't enjoy. If you're happy in what you're doing, you'll like yourself, you'll have inner peace. And if you have that, along with physical health, you will have had more success than you could possibly have imagined. - Johnny Carson - American TV Host
14. Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius - Chinese Teacher & Philosopher
15. If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. - Martin Luther King - American Civil Rights Leader
● ● ●
Ready to take action?
Don't just 'settle'. Figure out your destiny -- why you're here on the earth.
Go after what your heart is calling you to do.
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more