1. "The Marines issued a statement saying that they had not verified the video's origin and authenticity but that "the actions portrayed are not consistent with our core values and are not indicative of the character of the Marines." (via NYT)
... Yeah, I guess it's been 10 months since that kill squad photo saw the light of day. Oh, but those guys were Army.
2. Right, like this never happens. More like, in this case, someone's trophy vid got loose.
3. For an act of humiliation, these guys are pretty discreet about showing their members.
4. And it's only worse because there aren't any other pictures of the Afghan war attracting attention.
5. No "Live Leak" jokes, please.
6. I honestly don't understand the pixelization.
7. I honestly don't understand the different strategies for pixelization/discretion:
And at Telegraph, I got to see a cool Jaguar commercial as lead-in!
AP. (Yeah, I can't make it out either.)
Video at LiveLeak