It's my favorite time of the year. Sample sale season. There are crazy ones, there are low-key ones. And then there are the ones that you need an invite, an R.S.V.P., (and maybe a reference letter) to get into. The Christian Louboutin sample sale will be at 306 West 38th Street on the 14th Floor.
I went through the madness of this sale last year, and came away a bit worn out, but with some fierce heels and valuable knowledge. So let me make it easier for you to emerge victorious.
1. The sale is invite only and you must R.S.V.P. Check your snail mailbox, ladies, because if you are an avid or semi-avid Louboutin shopper, it's likely in there.
2. Get there before the doors open, if you can. Despite this being invite-only, the line is is still long, and if you get there midday, you can count on waiting for at least 30 minutes.
3. Try to go on the first day. Once the hardcore first-day shoppers weed through all the stuff, you will find that either your size is not there, or the wedges you were dying for got snatched up already. Also, last year, they ran out of those beautifully red dust covers, and the replacement heel covers.
4. If you can figure out your size before you go, do it. Time is money, ladies. You want to get in, and get out, with the hottest shoes possible.
5. Dress comfortably. Who cares if you are in sweats and flats. Those shoes come off easily (prime for trying on your Loubs of choice). You'll be the one laughing when you are out the door with the hotter heels.
If you cant make it to the Loub sale, check out the Manolo one. This one doesn't require an invite or RSVP:
The Manolo Blahnik Sample Sale is at the Warwick Hotel, 65 West 54th Street. It's Thursday the 11th from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Cash only!