iOS app Android app

Mik Moore
Mik Moore is recognized as one of the leading political and communications campaign strategists in the American Jewish community. He is known for developing and implementing innovative efforts to harness the power of online media to create social change. Mik co-created The Great Schlep, which mobilized Jewish support for then-candidate Barack Obama; Haik U Glenn Beck!, an interfaith response to Beck’s attack on social justice oriented churches; and Al Tirah USA, a call for civil civic engagement, featuring Rabbi Sharon Brous, in response to the rise of the Tea Party. Before starting his own firm in 2011, Mik was the Chief Strategy Officer at Jewish Funds for Justice. Links to his projects, published writing and television appearances, and firm portfolio can be found at

Entries by Mik Moore

You Can't Joke About That

(0) Comments | Posted December 9, 2014 | 3:14 PM

You can't joke about that.

Have you ever hear someone say that? Or said it yourself? I hear it all the time. And I understand it. If you are horrified by an injustice, it can be difficult to see the possibility of using humor while confronting that injustice.

What so...

Read Post

Certitude and the Central Park Five

(19) Comments | Posted April 18, 2013 | 4:52 PM

I grew up in New York City. In 1989 I was halfway through high school. The Central Park Five were my contemporaries. I didn't know them, but I knew people who knew some of them. I was sure I knew kids like them.

And I knew they were guilty.

Read Post

Reflections on the Jewish Vote, 2012

(16) Comments | Posted November 9, 2012 | 5:24 PM

Election Day polls are out, and it looks like 70 percent of Jewish voters cast their ballots for Barack Obama. The remaining 30 percent supported Mitt Romney. Since the numbers were released, there has been a food fight among partisans over what these numbers mean. The keys issues...

Read Post

Israel Doesn't Need a Bromance; It Needs Allies

(98) Comments | Posted October 26, 2012 | 4:31 PM

I have said many times that American Jews overwhelmingly do not choose a candidate based on minute differences in how they would approach the U.S.-Israel relationship. Once a basic threshold is met, we compare candidates on a range of other issues. And on all of those issues, Democrats hold a...

Read Post

Romney Can Get Jewish Votes... If He Stands Up to the Tea Party

(9) Comments | Posted August 9, 2012 | 3:10 PM

"Why didn't Obama visit Israel?" "That speech he gave in Egypt... big mistake." "He should just say that Jerusalem is the capital of Israel."

Sounds like the testimonials for the Republican Jewish Coalition's new video series, Buyer's Remorse, featuring Jewish Obama supporters who are switching to Romney....

Read Post

GOP: From 'Mostly Pro-Israel' to Adelson Clones?

(9) Comments | Posted August 8, 2012 | 3:40 PM

Last week, presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney visited Israel. While he was there he said a few things that made the news.

He vastly underestimated the income disparity between Israel and the Palestinian Territories, a gap he attributed to Israel's cultural superiority. He was bellicose towards...

Read Post

Sheldon Adelson Is Trying to Buy an Election

(51) Comments | Posted July 19, 2012 | 1:54 PM

There are many reasons to be concerned about the role that casino magnate Sheldon Adelson has come to play in the current election cycle.

Sen. John McCain recently questioned the propriety of Mr. Adelson's donations, given that most of his money comes from casinos in...

Read Post

Jews For Justice Present: God, Yoda and the Election-Year Fear Monster

(5) Comments | Posted October 26, 2010 | 4:12 PM

On Sept. 23, Stephen Colbert appeared on Good Morning America. While discussing the March to Keep Fear Alive, Colbert was asked what we should be afraid of. His response: "Muslims, immigrants, gays and robots."

Robots aside, Colbert accurately represents the rhetoric currently perpetuated in our political and...

Read Post