Words can't describe how amazing this chicken really is. Think fried chicken, with a bit of a kick and barbecue chicken, all in one! Each serving has 207 calories, 3 grams of fat and 5 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. This recipe makes 6 breasts and you'll want that many. My husband and I loved it so much, we ate it 3 days in a row!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Refrigerator Time: 20 minutes
Cook and Bake Time: 50 minutes
½ cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon onion powder
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper to taste, for desired amount of spice
6 (4 ounces each) chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ cup barbecue sauce, I used Sweet Baby Rays, see shopping tip
Tabasco sauce, to taste
1. Add flour and all dry seasonings to a plastic bag. Place chicken breasts in bag and seal. Shake well to coat. Refrigerate in plastic bag for at least 20 minutes. Can be stored in the fridge for several hours.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a large, nonstick pan with cooking spray. Heat olive oil in pan and swirl around. Add all chicken breasts to pan and fry on each side, for about 3 minutes, until browned.
3. Line a baking pan or cookie sheet with foil. Place browned chicken breasts on pan.
4. In a small bowl, combine barbecue sauce and Tabasco sauce. Start with 4-5 drops, mix well and taste it. Add more, if desired. Spread each chicken breast with sauce.
5. Bake in oven for about 15 minutes. Cut into 1 breast to make sure it's cooked through and white inside.
Makes 6 servings. Each serving, 1 chicken breast.
Most supermarket's carry Sweet Baby Ray's barbecue sauce or use your favorite BBQ sauce.
Weight Watchers (old points) 4
Weight Watchers POINT PLUS 5
SKINNY FACTS: for 1 chicken breast
207 calories, 3g fat, 0mg chol, 24g prot, 21g carbs, 0g fiber, 197mg sod, 11g sugar
For more Skinny Kitchen recipes, please join me at: http://www.skinnykitchen.com
Follow Nancy Fox on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SkinnyKitchen
Follow Nancy Fox on Twitter: www.twitter.com/skinnykitchen
Follow Nancy Fox on Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/skinnykitchen/