The 2012 New York Comedy Festival returns November 7 - 11 to offer up big laughs to the Big Apple with comedy's biggest stars performing on New York's grandest stages, including Carnegie Hall, The Beacon Theatre, Madison Square Garden, Town Hall, and The Apollo Theater.
This year's line-up includes Aziz Ansari, Adam Carolla, Rob Delaney, Jim Gaffigan, Ricky Gervais, Kevin Hart, Artie Lange, Bill Maher, Patton Oswalt, Brian Regan, Marlon and Shawn Wayans, Robin Williams, and more! Tickets are on sale to general public this Monday, August 13. For a complete schedule of events and to purchase tickets, visit nycomedyfestival.com.
And now, without further ado, here are the Top 12 reasons to attend this year's New York Comedy Festival...
12. You never know what Ricky Gervais is going to say next, you just know that you want to be there when he says it.
11. You'll never see anything as white as Jim Gaffigan on The Apollo Theater stage ever again.
10. Unlike his self-serving character on Parks and Recreation, Aziz Ansari will be quite generous when he serves up a double-dose of laughter when he performs at both The Apollo and Carnegie Hall.
9. You'll get to experience Rob Delaney's unique brand of humor in more than just 140-character increments.
8. They won't be dressing up like a couple of white chicks, but Shawn and Marlon Wayans will be hilarious, nonetheless.
7. Who better than Bill Maher to wax comedic right after a presidential election?
6. Jeremy Lin may be gone, but you can experience Hart-sanity when Kevin becomes one of only a handful of comedians to headline Madison Square Garden.
5. Podcast, schmodcast! Adam Carolla is a dish best served live and in-person.
4. First, he was too fat to fish. Now, he's "Too Fat to Die." The indestructible Artie Lange shares his poignant and hilarious tale of how he made it back from the brink to return to the top of the stand-up heap.
3. Brian Regan has promised to work entirely "blue" for the first time ever. Just kidding.
2. If you're a big fan of Big Fan or just love a comedian of comedy, Patton Oswalt's your man.
1. Robin Williams. Need we say more?
HuffPost Entertainment is your one-stop shop for celebrity news, hilarious late-night bits, industry and awards coverage and more — sent right to your inbox six days a week. Learn more