9. Laughter is the best medicine. How do you think we eradicated swine flu?
8. With so much daily absurdity, it takes quite a sense of humor to survive in this town.
7. There's a reason why all comedies are set in New York, while nearly every drama takes place on the countryside, by a lake, or in some kind of "nature."
6. The people asking whether you like comedy are not affiliated with clubs, but are actually part of a discrete laughter taskforce.
5. Saturday Night Live is about to begin its thirty-fifth season. I don't even know how to turn on a calculator and I can tell that's thousands of hours of comedy.
4. Living in the city made Robert DeNiro laugh so hard and so often that he ran out of smiles.
3. The jokes told in New York clubs wouldn't reach the rest of the country until a few hours later. Geography itself is on our side!
2. If you were born to a Jewish family in Brooklyn, there's an eighty percent chance you will grow up to influence all of comedy.
1. New York is dirty, frenzied, and funny; all of the things that make the NY Comedy Festival great.
Start your workday the right way with the news that matters most. Learn more