iOS app Android app

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Man's Tragic Mistake Left His Wife And 2 Dogs Dead In Their Home

OWN | Lisa Capretto | Posted 05.20.2016 | OWN

On the morning of July 18, 2004, Pete Koutrakos got ready for work while his wife, Jennifer, slept soundly. Pete headed into the garage and got into h...

How To Detect And Prevent Carbon Monoxide In Your Home

Little Things | Jade Walker | Posted 04.08.2016 | Healthy Living

Carbon monoxide — otherwise known as the silent killer — can be a threat to yourself or your family, and you may not even know that it is there....

Family Of 6 Found Dead From Apparent Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

The Huffington Post | Nina Golgowski | Posted 02.22.2016 | Crime

A family of six in Michigan had just returned home from church Friday night when they were poisoned by carbon monoxide from a generator they turned on...

Baby Unknowingly Saves Family From Carbon Monoxide Leak

The Huffington Post | Kimberley Richards | Posted 01.29.2016 | Parents

Canadian mom Monique Ruppel says her 1-year-old baby girl's unusual behavior in the wee hours of one Friday morning ultimately saved her family's live...

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Kills 4

Associated Press | Sebastian Murdock | Posted 07.21.2015 | Crime

BYRON, Maine (AP) -- Four people from Massachusetts have been found dead in a Maine cabin due to apparent carbon monoxide poisoning. The Oxford County...

Turkey's Erdogan Prepares for Another Showdown After Mine Accident

James Stafford | Posted 07.20.2014 | World
James Stafford

The mining accident has already reinvigorated the corruption scandal and the investigations that had been largely quashed by Erdogan in the run-up to 30 March local elections, in which the AKP won an unexpectedly significant victory.

A Carbon Monoxide Detector Saved Our Lives

Jennifer Flaa | Posted 03.30.2014 | Healthy Living
Jennifer Flaa

Our air filter's light turns red and runs on high, which is very unusual, thus prompting us to glance at the carbon monoxide detector in the hallway. It's reading numbers that are climbing quickly with each second.

Fright Night: 5 Hidden Home Hazards for Older Adults

Rachel Adelson | Posted 01.23.2014 | Fifty
Rachel Adelson

This Halloween, don't be tricked by things that go "boo" around the house. Falls and fires make up the lion's share of fatal and non-fatal household injuries for older people... but a surprising number of "hidden hazards" can send them to the hospital or worse.

Mallika Rao

Death By 'Mudding'

HuffingtonPost.com | Mallika Rao | Posted 11.30.2013 | Celebrity

It’s now clear that MTV star Shain Gandee died of carbon monoxide poisoning while “mudding," or off-roading through mud, in his 1984 Ford Bronco. ...

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Killed Reality Star -- Why Is It So Dangerous?

Posted 04.02.2013 | Healthy Living

"Buckwild" star Shain Gandee, 21, died from carbon monoxide poisoning from toxic exhaust fumes, according to news reports. People magazine reported...

2 Dead After Suspected Carbon Monoxide Leak

Posted 01.28.2013 | Chicago

A family in Rogers Park on Chicago's North Side is coping with the loss of two members after a woman and her 18-year-old granddaughter died from what ...

When It Comes To Carbon Monoxide, Let's Act Now

Kate Carr | Posted 02.05.2013 | Parents
Kate Carr

This week, 49 children and staff from an elementary school in Georgia were taken to the hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning. This near-tragedy has many parents, including me, wondering, "Is this something that can happen at my child's school?"

Generators To Blame For Several Post-Sandy Deaths

The Huffington Post | Sara Gates | Posted 11.02.2012 | Healthy Living

As many struggle to get by without power on the East Coast following Hurricane Sandy, some are turning to portable generators to provide basic electri...

Power Out From Hurricane Sandy? What To Know Before Using Your Portable Generator

Posted 10.29.2012 | Healthy Living

Power outages due to the effects of Hurricane Sandy may affect as many as 10 million people. If your power has gone out and you are using a portable g...

Clay Aiken's Mom: 'My Life Became A Roller Coaster'

Pat Gallagher | Posted 07.12.2012 | Fifty
Pat Gallagher

Not all of us know what it is like to have a celebrity son or daughter, but it's interesting to pick the brain of a mother who has shared the "stage" with a famous offspring. And who better to talk to than Faye Parker, better known as Clay Aiken's mother?

Post50 Winter Health Risks: Don't Let The Cold Kill You!

Posted 12.14.2011 | Fifty

On the heels of 2011's record-breaking summer heat wave that saw oppressive temperatures and stifling humidity grip cities as far-flung as Wichita, Ka...