iOS app Android app

Carbon Monoxide

Baby Unknowingly Saves Family From Carbon Monoxide Leak

The Huffington Post | Kimberley Richards | Posted 01.29.2016 | Parents

(function(){var src_url="

How to Keep Your Pet Safe and Warm in Cold Weather

Dr. Karen Becker | Posted 01.18.2016 | Healthy Living
Dr. Karen Becker

1. Take your pet for a wellness exam. I recommend twice-yearly veterinary exams for all pets, and especially seniors, so making one of those visits i...

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Kills 4

Associated Press | Sebastian Murdock | Posted 07.21.2015 | Crime

BYRON, Maine (AP) -- Four people from Massachusetts have been found dead in a Maine cabin due to apparent carbon monoxide poisoning. The Oxford County...

Couple Dies In Back Seat Of Car When Carbon Monoxide Seeps In

The Huffington Post | Andy Campbell | Posted 05.20.2015 | Crime

A Kentucky couple reportedly having sex in the back of their car died after the vehicle filled up with carbon monoxide. Violet Iles, 25 (pictured) ...

Maryland Family Of 8 Died From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning, Relatives Say

AP | JULIET LINDERMAN | Posted 06.07.2015 | Crime

PRINCESS ANNE, Md. (AP) — A divorced kitchen worker and his seven children were accidentally poisoned by carbon monoxide from a generator they used ...

Poisonous Ice Resurfacer Sends 81 To Area Hospitals

The Huffington Post | Andy Campbell | Posted 12.18.2014 | Weird News

An ice resurfacing machine silently poisoned players and fans at a junior hockey game in Wisconsin on Saturday, sending 81 to area hospitals. And t...

All The Important Things You Need To Know About Fire Safety In Your Home

The Huffington Post | Renee Jacques | Posted 11.01.2014 | HuffPost Home

Fire safety is one of the most important things to know this season.

Dunkin' Donuts Customer's Carbon Monoxide Detector Saves Everyone

AP | Posted 06.02.2014 | Weird News

CARLE PLACE, N.Y. (AP) — A Dunkin' Donuts customer looking for a morning cup of coffee was in the right place at the right time with the right equip...

Think: March Is Brain Injury Awareness Month

Lyrysa Smith | Posted 05.14.2014 | Healthy Living
Lyrysa Smith

The sheer number of people with brain injury and all those who love and care for them should make apparent the need for broad attention and concern. Brain injury impinges on the whole person, not just one's legs or lungs, and its consequences are unpredictable.

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Kills 1 At New York Mall

AP | Posted 02.23.2014 | New York

HUNTINGTON STATION, N.Y. (AP) — A hospital spokeswoman says a man has died after being overcome by carbon monoxide at a New York mall. Huntington H...

A Carbon Monoxide Detector Saved Our Lives

Jennifer Flaa | Posted 03.30.2014 | Healthy Living
Jennifer Flaa

Our air filter's light turns red and runs on high, which is very unusual, thus prompting us to glance at the carbon monoxide detector in the hallway. It's reading numbers that are climbing quickly with each second.

Survival Guide For Climate Change Debates

Molly Rauch | Posted 02.19.2014 | Green
Molly Rauch

When thorny questions about climate change arise over your Christmas ham, we've got you covered!

Bianca Bosker

The iPod Inventor's Latest Challenge: Smoke Alarms | Bianca Bosker | Posted 10.08.2013 | Technology

Two years ago, Tony Fadell, inventor of the iPod and chief executive of Nest Labs, applied Apple-style design savvy to remaking the humble thermostat....

Carbon Monoxide Exposure At Farm Turns Deadly

AP | Posted 08.04.2013 | Crime

FRANKLIN, N.C. -- Authorities in western North Carolina say one person died and 16 others were hospitalized after being exposed to high levels of carb...

E-Butts: The Marlboro Man Plugs in.

Tom Alderman | Posted 07.07.2013 | Healthy Living
Tom Alderman

You may have seen the recent flurry of stories about a supposed alternative to cigarette addiction called the electronic cigarette. E-butts are a mov...

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Killed Reality Star -- Why Is It So Dangerous?

Posted 04.02.2013 | Healthy Living

"Buckwild" star Shain Gandee, 21, died from carbon monoxide poisoning from toxic exhaust fumes, according to news reports. People magazine reported...

5 Health Risks You Need To Guard Against This Winter

Posted 03.10.2015 | OWN

By Dr. Mehmet Oz The flu isn't the only winter health concern Dr. Oz is warning you against. From heart attacks to stiff joints, here's how t...

When It Comes To Carbon Monoxide, Let's Act Now

Kate Carr | Posted 02.05.2013 | Parents
Kate Carr

This week, 49 children and staff from an elementary school in Georgia were taken to the hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning. This near-tragedy has many parents, including me, wondering, "Is this something that can happen at my child's school?"

After Evacuation, Atlanta Debates School Carbon Monoxide Detectors

AP | RAY HENRY | Posted 12.05.2012 | Education

ATLANTA -- It's odorless, colorless and deadly. And if carbon monoxide is leaking in a school, it might not be detected. Atlanta school officials are...

Georgia Students Moved To Another School After Gas Scare

AP | Posted 02.03.2013 | Education

ATLANTA — Students from an Atlanta elementary school where potentially deadly carbon monoxide seeped into the air will attend classes at a middl...

Georgia School Evacuated For Carbon Monoxide, 31 Hospitalized

AP | JEFF MARTIN | Posted 02.02.2013 | Education

ATLANTA — Potentially lethal carbon monoxide levels at an Atlanta elementary school with no detectors sent at least 42 students and seven adults...

Power Out From Hurricane Sandy? What To Know Before Using Your Portable Generator

Posted 10.29.2012 | Healthy Living

Power outages due to the effects of Hurricane Sandy may affect as many as 10 million people. If your power has gone out and you are using a portable g...

HORROR: 5 Teens Found Dead In Florida Motel

AP | Posted 05.25.2011 | Home

HIALEAH, Fla. — Fire officials say five friends are dead likely from carbon monoxide poisoning caused by a running car in a closed garage undern...

Family Suing County Over Carbon Monoxide Deaths

AP | Posted 05.25.2011 | Denver

DENVER — The relatives of a Denver family killed by carbon monoxide has sued a company and Pitkin County building inspectors over their deaths durin...

Carbon Monoxide Deaths in Aspen Lead to Indictments

Robert Weller | Posted 05.25.2011 | Denver
Robert Weller

The deaths of four members of a Denver family in a home just east of Aspen during the Thanksgiving weekend two years ago have resulted in the indictments of three people.