iOS app Android app

Dr Doom

Dr. Doom Redux: Nouriel Roubini Warns of Perfect Economic Storm in 2013

Sheldon Filger | Posted 09.23.2012 | Business
Sheldon Filger

Dr. Doom has taken to the airwaves, warning policymakers as well as the public that there is a high probability that a perfect economic and fiscal storm will erupt in 2013.

Occupy Wall Street Meets Doctor Doom

Richard Brodsky | Posted 05.30.2012 | Business
Richard Brodsky

The concentration of wealth and power in the hands of the top 1% (of banks) was a danger to the other 99% (of banks), to our economy, our liberty and our democratic values. I expected to hear this at Zuccotti Park. It was a genuine surprise to hear it on 5th Avenue.

"Flame Off!": Hosni Mubarak and the Human Torch

Robert Brenner | Posted 05.25.2011 | Comedy
Robert Brenner

Cairo. Midnight. The Presidential Palace. Good evening, Mr. President. Who are you? How did you get in here? And why are you on fire? The name's Jo...

Roubini: U.S. On Track For A 'Fiscal Train Wreck'

Posted 05.25.2011 | Business

The U.S. economy is a "fiscal train wreck" waiting to happen that risks ushering in a period of stagnation featuring by minimal growth, high unemploy...

Nouriel Roubini: Gordon Gekko Is Back

Project Syndicate | Posted 05.25.2011 | Business

A generation later, the sequel to Wall Street -- to be released next month -- sees Gekko released from jail and returned to the financial world. His r...

The Missile You Never Saw Coming

Dan Solin | Posted 05.25.2011 | Business
Dan Solin

Most of you read and watch the financial media. You have the benefit of advice from expert brokers and advisors -- and all of their analytic resources. But this is what I refer to as "the missile you never saw coming."

Roubini, Taleb Talk Economic Recovery, Risk Of Second Recession On CNBC (VIDEO)

Posted 05.25.2011 | Business

Two of the most prominent market cynics appeared on CNBC this morning. Nouriel Roubini -- affectionately known as "Dr. Doom" -- was CNBC's guest host,...

Roubini: Economic Recovery To Be 'Very Ugly'

CNBC | Posted 05.25.2011 | Business

Nouriel Roubini, the economist whose dire forecasts earned him the nickname "Doctor Doom", told CNBC Monday that the economic recovery is going to be ...

Roubini: I Haven't "Improved" My Outlook, The Worst Is Not Over

CNBC.com | Posted 05.25.2011 | Business

Nouriel Roubini, the economist whose dire forecasts earned him the nickname "Doctor Doom," said after markets closed Thursday that earlier reports cla...

Krugman, Roubini, Soros: How To Solve The Financial Crisis

The New York Review of Books | Posted 05.25.2011 | Business

Following are excerpts from a symposium on the economic crisis presented by The New York Review of Books and PEN World Voices at the Metropolitan Muse...