With Valentine's Day knocking on our doors, love is waiting for us to make our choices and pronounce: "I love you, I love you not." Here are a few ideas for art adventures I want to offer you and your significant one for this love-filled Saturday.
Born in Czechoslovakia in 1938, Josef Koudelka is an extremely gifted and prolific artist, whose black and white photographs miraculously combine decisive and often painful moments of documentary with the beauty of elegantly controlled compositions.
As a painter, I am most impressed with Richard Butler's near minimalist approach to paint application. He achieves smoke, electric light, flesh and focus with ease. Butler's mood is more about emotional voids or emptiness, even though it is largely unintended.
As a rule, museums put on display only the best, only the crème de la crème of their collections, which counts for roughly 5 percent of everything that they have in storage. But what about the other 95 percent?