The holidays are here and if your office has a gift exchange, you don't want to be the one responsible for giving your colleagues salmonella, E. coli, listeria or campylobacter.
When I found out that I was actually going to go to Brazil this past August, I was ecstatic! Yet my overwhelming excitement was overshadowed by one question, a question that anyone with Celiac disease or gluten intolerance faces daily: what will I eat there?
As we are right in the middle of this brutally cold holiday season, make sure to keep your pet healthy and safe by saying "no" to the following and be sure to keep "people food" of your pet's holiday menu!
Learn how to properly store your groceries to keep food flavorful, save money on groceries, and reduce food waste.
Chinese-processed chicken can easily appear on school lunch trays, despite the USDA's initial statement to the contrary. That means we may be exposing an especially vulnerable population -- children -- to potential food safety risks.
Thanksgiving food safety may not be the sexiest topic around, but it could be a lifesaver.
The world is unlikely to leave the President any space for malingering, and his most vehement congressional critics are likely to attack him with such fervor that the faint path toward legislative compromise vanishes.
Center for Food Safety is excited to announce the launch of "Hollywood Food Voices," and the release of its first video in the series, featuring Moby,...
In an e-mail sent today to cheesemongers and distributors, Uplands Cheese owner Andy Hatch announced they will not be producing any Rush Creek Reserve this season.
By AMANDA HITT Across the nation, millions of Americans are asking the age-old question: "What's for dinner?" It used to be as simple as choosing bet...
The extreme weather the Midwest and Plain states have experienced so far this year has brought about another severe consequence: anthrax.
What your mother taught you about food safety is probably wrong. Did you know you don't ever wash raw chicken? It's time to get serious about food safety.
Increasingly, rigorous scientific research is confirming the wisdom of these intuitive feelings.
When someone gets sick after eating at a restaurant, they are not likely to return soon, if ever. And, more importantly, that person is likely to tell family and friends that they got sick from their dining experience. Worse, in most cases, the restaurant chain is not likely to ever know.
From the classiest Parisian eateries to humble Hong Kong Street carts, from NYC delis to the Bay Area's tastiest trendsetters, every restaurant has its own, um, special way of doing things.
First of all, the authorization for the statute expired in 2003; since then attempts to reauthorize the legislation were undertaken in both the House and Senate which culminated in the act that was passed last month.