"No one likes a frontrunner, especially Democrats," a grassroots activist at Netroots Nation told Politico. That's certainly true. Remember John Glenn in 1984? Howard Dean in 2004? Hillary Clinton in 2008?
1. I found lyrics to describe today's Middle East. "Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall, Humpty Dumpty had a great fall. All the king's horses and all the kin...
An opening is developing for Schweitzer. Crossover support could make him not merely a nuisance to the likely Democratic establishment candidates, Joe Biden and Hillary Clinton, but also an irritant to Rand Paul as he tries to keep his father's supporters in the Republican Primary.
Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama may (or may not) have hugged it out, but there is no mistaking that the former secretary of state is looking to create some distance between herself and the president she served.
Of all the book fairs, in all the beach towns in all the world, She sashays into mine. Wellfleet, Provincetown, Nantucket, East Hampton, La Jolla --no! Martha's vineyard. I had the audacious hope that she'd take her campaign safari some place that's "too close to call."
Maliki out-Abadi in; Gregory out-Todd in; Sterling out-Ballmer in. In a week of strife, Shrum and Frum debate two other enduring clashes: was Hillary's comment on Obama's "not doing stupid 'stuff'" nasty or innocent (she thinks the latter); how should cops patrol communities after Brown/Garner?
Regardless of what you think about Obama, the impeachment discussion, such as it is, has further underscored that the Republicans are not ready to govern, and in fact may not even be interested in doing that.
A probable Iraq policy under a President Hillary Clinton isn't hard to determine. When we examine her own memoirs and public statements in favor of intervention in Kosovo, Iraq, Libya, and Syria, it become readily apparent that a President Hillary Clinton's Iraq policy would be three pronged.
What makes Secretary Senator First Lady Hillary Clinton different is that she is different. If she wins, she will be the most experienced president we have had since before most people used touchtone phones.
When 66 percent of the American people do not approve of a president's foreign policy, something is awfully wrong with 1) the policy; 2) the selling of the policy; 3) the staffers formulating the policy. Betting on the remaining 34 percent who approve -- the isolationist fringes of both parties -- represents a dangerous sliver on which to bank a national security legacy.
In a move that many interpret as an attempt to further distance herself from President Obama, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has written a new book in which she reveals that she has never actually met the President.
It is very possible that as Schweitzer goes, so goes Montana, and as Montana goes, so goes the nation in the U.S. Senate.
Thomas Friedman and Jeffrey Goldberg, two well-respected and widely read foreign policy journalists, struck a goldmine over the weekend when the two veterans landed exclusive, one-on-one interviews with America's two most famous politicians.
Zuckerberg, Obama, and Stewart are advocates for immigration reform; they believe undocumented people are a class of people that we treat poorly, and America must overhaul its immigration policies.