iOS app Android app

Nonprofit News

Do Nonprofits Need to Think Outside the Box?

Joseph Amodeo | Posted 07.22.2014 | Impact
Joseph Amodeo

Do nonprofits need to think outside the box? Is there even a box anymore? Through my own experience, the answer to both of these questions is yes.

Once Again! Should a Nonprofit CEO Be a Voting Member of the Board of Directors?

Eugene Fram | Posted 02.07.2014 | Business
Eugene Fram

BoardSource, a professional governance organization, reports that this question is one of the most frequently asked. Google reports five million citat...

3 Analytics Tools to Gauge Your Social Audience's Pulse

Ritu_Sharma | Posted 01.23.2014 | Impact

In line with its focus on turning data into knowledge through powerful, insightful measurement and analytics of social media efforts, we wanted to share three simple tips and resources that nonprofits can put to work.

Over Half Of Nonprofits Only Have Enough Cash For 3 Months Or Less

Posted 04.03.2012 | Impact

Though demand for services is up, an alarming percentage of nonprofits don't have enough cash on hand to last more than three months. After intervi...

IRS Delays Tax-Exempt Status For Non-Profit Journalism Organizations | Posted 11.18.2011 | Media

The future of nonprofit news organizations has hit an unexpected roadblock in the agency that determines their tax-exempt status: The Internal Revenue...

Most Americans Want to Support Troops, They Just Don't Know How

Torrey Shannon | Posted 11.27.2011 | Impact
Torrey Shannon

Less than 1% of our American population is serving in the military. The other 99% of Americans must -- and need -- to do their part. A yellow ribbon bumper sticker just won't cut it anymore.

275,000 Nonprofits Lose Exemption Status

The Chronicle Of Philanthropy | Posted 08.09.2011 | Impact

The Internal Revenue Service said today that 275,000 nonprofits have lost their tax-exempt status because they did not file legally required documents...

HuffPost Readers On Where To Volunteer In NY

Posted 05.25.2011 | New York

New York is a big town, and for a non-profit organization that needs help, it's easy to fall through the cracks. That's why we want to hear from yo...

Pepsi Refresh, Community Fundraising Contest, Under Fire Again

Posted 05.25.2011 | Impact

For the second time in a year, the Pepsi Refresh Project is under fire. Started nearly a year ago, the $20 million online contest awards community gra...

Ohio Nonprofit Pulls Out All The Stops To Prevent Foreclosures

Posted 05.25.2011 | Impact

Struggling homeowners who face foreclosure, like the nearly 4 million who stand to lose homes this year, rarely have places to turn for help. Accordin...

50 Athlete Philanthropists That May Surprise You

Bleacher Report | Brent Andrew | Posted 05.25.2011 | Impact

We know them as athletes and exemplars of their sport. Some have good reputations, some decidedly less so. A few of the good-deed-doing athletes pic...

Will Ferrell & 7-Eleven Offer A 'Cup With A Cause'

Posted 05.25.2011 | Impact

Will Ferrell has used his impressive artistic abilities to design a winter-themed cup for 7-Eleven's charity drive, Coffee Cup With A Cause. Slashfoo...

Rich Americans Are Giving Less, Thanks To Recession

Posted 05.25.2011 | Impact

Rich Americans are tightening their belts -- at least when it comes to giving to charities. A study released Tuesday shows that charitable giving decr...

Former Coca-Cola Exec Takes Reins At Hunger Relief Nonprofit

Posted 05.25.2011 | Impact

The world's top hunger-fighting nonprofit has appointed a new CEO -- a former food industry titan from Coca-Cola and Ben and Jerry's. Heifer Internat...

A Powerful Voice for Nonprofits

2morrowknight | Posted 05.25.2011 | Impact

Voluntweetup show nonprofits how to connect with their target audience, refine their message, and to engage social media sites like Twitter and Facebook in ways that can pay huge dividends.

Chi-Town Daily News Abandoning Non-Profit Model In Shakeup

Huffington Post | Posted 05.25.2011 | Chicago

The local news site Chi-Town Daily News is abandoning its non-profit structure four years after launching, saying its business model is unsustainable....