Superstorm Sandy was a disaster brought to us by Mother Nature. The fiscal cliff is being brought to us by human nature. Which will be worse? Time will tell.
Although the election is behind us, the Republicans and Corporate America have rolled out a front group that's promoting the proposals of failed GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney as a way to resolve the fiscal showdown.
Contrary to the popular myths, the wild turkey can fly. As the recent election has proven, so can we, if, like that original American bird, we keep close to the ground.
Winning is a habit; so is losing. After the 2012 presidential election, one political party continues their downward spiral into the abyss.
The 2012 election is all good news for the Democratic Party, but it should not be mistaken for a demographic inevitability that will doom the Republican Party to decades, or even years of failure.
We're beyond the mere need for civil discourse. Our minds are askew. We actually believe our own rhetoric as an article of faith. We no longer know how to talk because we no longer know how to think.
On our 100th show, Arianna and Mary debate the post-election Republican re-set and whether new GOP members should be required to watch not Patton but Lincoln. Then we discuss how Romney's sour gripes exposed himself as Mr. 1 percent + 47 percent which oddly equals exactly his final total of 48 percent.
Steven Spielberg's Lincoln opens in wide release today, after a limited release last Friday -- and with luck, Barack Obama will not only see it but take it as a template for the current lame-duck session of Congress and for his impending second term.
CEO Math is what results after drinking an ideological Red Bull. Suitably buzzed, you then begin to do arithmetic to maximize short-term profits -- regardless of whether your math is legal, ethical, good for business in the long-term
Limbaugh is becoming a spent force. Even Fox News may stop putting that buffoon Morris on the air as a serious pundit. And when a numbers guy like Rove gets the numbers wrong, he has nothing left.
America woke up last Wednesday to find its government essentially unchanged. After a campaign season that lasted for almost a year and a half and cam...
The vast majority of Americans are willing to do their part to support their country. And they expect no special exemption from that responsibility for the nation's richest. They sent that message Tuesday through their ballot choices. John Boehner must have snoozed through that missive.
In our "after report," Reagan and Matalin discuss whether 2012 turned on Messina's GOTV or Obama's views on government and taxes? Did GOP lose because of messenger or message -- both? Or is it, as Chou en lai said of French Revolution, "too soon to tell?"
The outcome of the 2012 presidential was not a fait accompli, as many are now arguing -- not by a long shot. This election could have gone either way. Anyone who thinks the Obama victory was inevitable or predetermined is in a worse state of denial than the hucksters at Fox News.
Paul Ryan was portrayed by many in the media as a "numbers whiz." Assuming that Ryan truly is a data-cruncher, one can't help wondering if he was aware of the historical data regarding the probability of ever becoming president after being on the losing side of a ticket.
The problem the Republican Party has with women is deep and costly. Their attacks on women's rights all add up to a widely perceived Republican War on Women that significantly influenced the outcome of the election by creating impactful gender gaps in many key races.