iOS app Android app

Which Side Are You On? Inequality and the Case for Unions

Tim Koechlin | Posted 08.24.2014 | Politics
Tim Koechlin

Republicans tell a tired, cynical story about all of this, insisting that union busting is, somehow, good for the economy and good for workers. It's the same old trickle down nonsense. Democrats, on the other hand, have done too little to defend unions and worker rights.

Rich Don't Work for Romney

Kurt A. Gardinier | Posted 07.30.2012 | Politics
Kurt A. Gardinier

When you're running for president of a party considered to be unsympathetic to poor people in a time of a recession, and you're the richest man to ever run for the office, fairness is a pretty big deal -- especially when you're calling for tax cuts for the rich.

The 99 Percent Arts

Robert Bettmann | Posted 07.14.2012 | Arts
Robert Bettmann

The arts are positively integrated into the Occupy Movement in several ways, but they are also a front on which activists are attacking the economic system.

Watch: Is the Future of Social Activism Here Now?

Bill Moyers | Posted 06.03.2012 | Impact
Bill Moyers


What Is Necessary

Ed Shurna | Posted 01.22.2012 | Chicago
Ed Shurna

The Occupy Movement rightly attacks the disparity between the top 1 percent and the other 99 percent. The rich are getting richer. The middle class treads water. And the poor, working or not, are drowning.

'1%' Burger Comes With Foie Gras, Gold Leaf (PHOTOS)

The Huffington Post | Rachel Tepper | Posted 11.21.2011 | DC

WASHINGTON -- BLT Steak's new politically-charged burger menu isn't shying away from hot topics. The menu, which rotates on a daily basis, includes bu...

WATCH: John Oliver Attempts An Occupy Wall Street Makeover

Posted 12.19.2011 | Comedy

John Oliver toed a tricky line on Tuesday night's "Daily Show," with a segment on attempting -- and failing - to bond as part of the 99% at Occupy Wal...

Occupy Wall Street Raises $300,000

AP/The Huffington Post | VERENA DOBNIK | Posted 12.16.2011 | Business

By VERENA DOBNIK, The Associated Press NEW YORK (AP) -- The Occupy Wall Street movement has close to $300,000, as well as storage space loaded with...

Dozens Arrested After Occupy Arizona Protests

AP | Posted 12.16.2011 | Business

PHOENIX -- Authorities in Arizona arrested nearly 100 people after two separate protests in support of the Occupy Wall Street movement. The 53 arrest...

Occupy Wall Street: What Are They So Angry About?

Monika Mitchell | Posted 12.09.2011 | Business
Monika Mitchell

It took a small group of down-on-their-luck college kids with nothing to lose to wake America up. As the crowds in Zuccotti Park, DC, LA and across the country grow larger and make their voices heard, maybe this time we will be listening.