It's that torturous in-between time when it's not quite warm enough to go sans coat, and not quite cold enough to wear the wool sweater. Celebrate Spring and the arrival of mild(er) temps with these savvy style tips.
1. Start with your classic pieces and build from there. Your suits, slacks, and skirts will play a key role in your spring style makeover. (We're in a recession, people, we can't buy everything new!) The key is to add pops of bright color, fun accessories, and must-have seasonal trends into the mix.
2. Carry a cardigan. With so many styles to choose from, cardigans are a style staple and a great layering look for spring. Long, fitted cardigans look great belted over a dress and will show off your curves. Or try a sophisticated cardigan shawl with a pencil skirt and fitted tank. A few other twists on the typical cardigan: the cropped cardigan or one with slouchy pockets. Mix and match cardigans over your black or gray pants and skirts.
3. Buy bling for spring! Cuffs, bangles and jewels, oh my! Accessorizing is another simple way to add some flair into a subdued work wardrobe, and it doesn't have to cost you a fortune. You can certainly invest in more pricey pieces that will last, or try stores like H&M, Forever 21 and Urban Outfitters for inexpensive (even as low as $4!) versions. From gemstone bib necklaces to classic braided cuffs, this season's funky accessories are a great way to make a statement without going overboard.
4. Brighten up with bold colors. A blue, silk ruffle blouse is perfect under a suit jacket. Simply take off the jacket and voilà! You're dressed to impress over cocktails after work. You can also wow your co-workers with a fabulous bag. J. Crew has a great tote that comes in a vibrant orange. Perfect for fitting all those important memos, makeup and more.
5. Say it with shoes. From casual metallic flats to peep toe wedges, reviving your look with some snazzy new shoes is simple. Even if your office requires suits, your shoes can speak volumes about your personal fashion sense.