Incorporate this "move of the day" into your regular exercise regimen or just take a few minutes to give it a try. Each day will be a different move so you can do each one back to back or individually. Performing this one move each day will add up and you will begin to see noticeable changes in your body and an improved mental focus!
How it works: Hold the position for 5-10 deep breathes on each side. Repeat as many times as desired throughout the day.
Equipment required: NoneBenefits:
- Tones entire core
- Improves strength and stability in hips and shoulders
- Improves balance and posture
- Come into a straight arm plank with wrists directly under shoulders and feet slightly wider than hip width apart.
- Shift over onto left side, brining the sides of feet to the floor. Keep hips lifted and wrists directly under shoulder.
- Extend right arm directly above shoulder. Maintain a straight line from head to feet. Keep hips lifted and core engaged the entire time.
If this feels too strenuous on the shoulder, come down to your forearm. Make sure to keep elbow under shoulder and wrist directly out from elbow.
For full-length workouts, recipes and more please check out http://www.noratobin.com/blog.