"Mojo" is, "That positive spirit toward what we are doing now, that starts from the inside and radiates to the outside." -- Marshall Goldsmith
Do you feel like your spiritual vibrancy or vigor is low or nowhere to be found?
When people talk about "connecting to the universe," do you wonder if they mean on another planet?
Does the mantra "om" mean "um" to you because you're not vibing the sacred sound of the Divine?
Maybe that's because you haven't found your "spiritual mojo."
The word mojo means "a magic charm." It also means "self-assuredness," which pretty much describes how someone comes off when they've got their mojo working.
I think that our mojo lies within, and not something you wear like an amulet, but you can't really get it working until you find it. So how do you tap into your spiritual mojo to enjoy the many benefits it has to offer you?
Here are some suggestions:
1. Ask yourself what moves or inspires you.
2. Find time in your day or week to experience it.
3. If it's music, listen to something that you love, and dance like you've never danced before. Feel the rhythm of the music, and allow yourself to really let go.
4. If it's nature, be in it entirely. Lie down on the grass and roll around. When was the last time you did that? Probably not since you were a kid.
5. Meditate. Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths in and out, and say to yourself, "I am connected within." If your mind wanders, repeat those words to yourself.
6. Go somewhere that feels spiritual to you. It can be sitting by a river or watching the ocean, or taking a walk at a non-denominational temple that has beautiful grounds like The Self Realization Fellowship.
7. Take a non-competitive yoga class where the focus is on the inner journey as opposed to outdoing someone's asana.
8. Go to a spiritual ashram or retreat for a weekend and spend time with people you don't know. Allow yourself to open up to a new experience with strangers.
9. Before you go to sleep, think of what you did that day that moved or inspired you. Allow yourself to feel your heart open to receive what the universe has in store for you.
10. In the morning, ask to be used as a vehicle in whatever way is meant for you. Start your day with purpose.
Those are some ways to help activate or motivate your spiritual mojo by moving your vital energy and not keeping it stagnant. It will also help you connect deeper to a spiritual place within you where the real "magic charm" of the soul is. And even if you don't think you have mojo, or maybe feel that you've lost it, give yourself the opportunity to at least discover it, or find it again, and once you do, keep it going, and let it radiate from your being like a light.
For more by Ora Nadrich, click here.
For more on wisdom, click here.
Follow Ora Nadrich on Twitter: www.twitter.com/@OraNadrich